and the pin
        Attached Files

Comment

It is a copy.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Hello Anthony,

I agree. A very bad fake. The separately applied wreath is a good giveaway. Suspension eyelet and suspension ring are wrong. I don't like the embroidered Sigrunen on the ribbon. The pinback clasp is totally wrong as well. Not even close on this one.
              Best regards! Tom
              Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Hey tyanacek, i belive in foremans book it has 2 different suspension loops, one is a tear drop the other is a circle.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Evans
                  Hey tyanacek, i belive in foremans book it has 2 different suspension loops, one is a tear drop the other is a circle.
                  Hello Anthony,
                  Yes, Foreman and Angolia both show the round suspension ring as a variant. Probably other authors as well. I don't doubt that there are some originals with a round ring, but I prefer the type with the chamfered/ beveled suspension eyelet, and the tear drop shaped suspension ring. The scorching below the eyelet is also not a good sign. Looks like the base metal is wrong.
                  Best regards! Tom
                  Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Originally posted by tyanacek
                    Hello Anthony,
                    Yes, Foreman and Angolia both show the round suspension ring as a variant. Probably other authors as well. I don't doubt that there are some originals with a round ring, but I prefer the type with the chamfered/ beveled suspension eyelet, and the tear drop shaped suspension ring. The scorching below the eyelet is also not a good sign. Looks like the base metal is wrong.
                    Best regards! Tom
                    If I'm not mistaken ... doesnt the swastika have a pebbled appearance also? Rather than just flat like this one?

Like this one:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by h009291
                      If I'm not mistaken ... doesnt the swastika have a pebbled appearance also? Rather than just flat like this one?

Like this one:
                      Yes, very fine stippling that is sometimes not easily noticeabe in photos. BTW: This one is supposed to be the 12 Year Medal, not the 25 Year Medal. 12 Year was silver, the 25 Year gold.
                      Best regards! Tom
                      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Originally posted by h009291

Like this one:
                        Also, IMHO the 25 year on Kai Winkler's site is also a fake.

Comment

hello

Hello all,

So, after reading this thread I understand that the wreath is going to be attached and not seperate to the medal? Also, Kurt, why do you believe Kai's is a reproduction? I understand that the tear-drop style is of the textbook accepted version, but does anyone have a photo of an original 12 or 25 with the round ring? Please let me know either way. Thank you.

William Kramer
                          Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

The round ring was the first type, ergo that was origanly produced. This was illistrated in Doehler 1939 page 34, the runes are also longer in this form.This type is very rare.

Comment

Originally posted by all1knew
                              Hello all,

So, after reading this thread I understand that the wreath is going to be attached and not seperate to the medal? Also, Kurt, why do you believe Kai's is a reproduction?
                              Actually, I didn't look closely at the picture -- I just saw the "kai-winkler" and thought it was the same fake that he has had on there for a while (item #1910). That one has a plain back to the wreath, the "fur" is smaller than the other letters, and the jump ring is incorrect (among other things). That one is not even close to being original.

The one pictured in post #10 is a new item (#22512). From the pictures, it may be original, but I suspect that it is a cast. There is mottling on the finish -- especially the back around the lettering. And the highlights do not appear to be polished. It looks like it has been recently painted.

Take a look at this thread as well:
                              http://www.wehrmacht-awards.net/foru...2&page=1&pp=15

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X