No announcement yet.

Cased Mutterkreuz on eStand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The least thing I fear is an MK,,,Ive rarely seen a fake,,,BTW MAtt,, MMM is laughing his A## off at your response!
    Iam Uncle Sam
    That’s who Iam
    Been hiding out
    In a rock and roll band

Comment

Here is a picture that illustrates the texture pattern I was describing in another post. I would be curious to know how the estand cross compares to this. This is by no means an absolute, with so many makers, there were also several different underlays.

Is there any way to get a better picture of the blue enameling on the estand cross? It is tough, but if you bounce the flash, sometimes it will work.
      Attached Files

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

You know its a slow weekend when we debate all weekend over a Mothers cross

Comment

It's been a slow couple of weeks around here for some reason

I was just looking at my mothers crosses and just for the record none of mine have the dot in the signature.

The one shown on the estand though really does look fine and I would have no problem having it in my display case.

Greg

Comment

Good god Marc! I dont want to get branded the anti christ of MKs
            Iam Uncle Sam
            That’s who Iam
            Been hiding out
            In a rock and roll band

Comment

Originally posted by münster
              Good god Marc! I dont want to get branded the anti christ of MKs
              If that happens, you can always use an upside down cross as your avatar.
              Attached Files

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

I see nothing wrong with this MK in fact I think it is one of the nicest I've seen in a while. And being based in Germany I've seen more of these then anything else, some with the dot some without. One thing is for certain this MK has nothing in common with the crude cast repros most commonly seen. Looks good to me

Comment

didnt someone write a book or something on MK's?. and Munster, I look forward to seeing you on Antiques Roadshow.

Comment

Yah,,the MK roadshow special lol...What the other guy said about these in Germany,,Iam 100% with him on that.
                    Iam Uncle Sam
                    That’s who Iam
                    Been hiding out
                    In a rock and roll band

Comment

Self confessed MK expert now eh Dion 'Mutter Kreuz' Krampe. We all know you were awarded all 3 levels in WK2.

Comment

here you go - just for the record

1 100% original Gold MK with the Dot on the back, without going into to much detail the only thing different i can see with my cross and the posted one is the Number 1 has a slanted top on mine.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Craigob; 05-06-2005, 12:33 AM.

Comment

The repro's that I am acquainted with have Alolf Hitler's signature raised rather that depressed engraved. I am not an expert though. I have one bronze, full size, one bronze mini, and one gold mini. None have the dotted 'i'. However, I would say a search of makers would be in order b/4 labeling something a 'fake' or reproduction. Such claims on an association forum such as this are serious business. Just my 2 cents worth. Marvin
                          Last edited by Marvin; 05-08-2005, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X