Tank device for tank destruction badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank device for tank destruction badge

Last weekend I was at the show in Chickasha Oklahoma. As I was walking around I ran into this jewel. The vendor said two other collectors had expressed doubts as to its originality. Because of that the dealer sold it to me for $25. I tracked down the two Collector’s and asked them why they thought it was wrong. The first person I talked to was a well known and very reliable dealer. He told me he was no expert and was influenced by a collector from Belgium. As it turns out this Collector’s brother is a moderator on the WAF. Well anyway I tracked him down and asked him why he thought it might be fake. He told me his expertise was uniforms etc and that his brother was the awards expert. He said the materials looked good on the tank but he thought the width was off. So I finally had the opportunity to examine it closely. Non magnetic, dimensions are spot on and the width is identical to the one I’ve owned for 20+ years. So I believe I got a good one. But let the experts chime in. Jim
    Attached Files

To compare....

Attached Files
    RonR

Comment

Originally posted by RonR View Post
      To compare....

Thanks Ron . I think the one I got compares favorable to yours. Of course finding a blank ribbon may prove difficult.jim

Comment

Good luck my friend!
        RonR

Comment

Both fine original type 1 TDB's (you were lucky there for $25.00)

Comment

Originally posted by deejay View Post
            Both fine original type 1 TDB's (you were lucky there for $25.00)
            Thank you. They are my favorite awards. Too bad they are so expensive. Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X