dodgy infantry badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dodgy infantry badge

Guys on regimentals site they have an infantry assault badge which im led to believe by a book i read to be a fake.The space between the swastika and the k98 rifle is filled in,where in genuine examples theres always a gap.If the book is right then it is a fake,if the book is wrong it may not be.At the moment i think its fake, but would be interested to hear from the guys with more knowledge of this badge,what they think.After reading that book years ago all my infantry assualt badge purchases have the gap between the swastika and k98 rifle.

There are a number of makers of IABs who did not produce examples of these badges with a "gap" between the rifle and the swastika.

Numbered references are all frolm Sascha Weber's book THE INFANTRY ASSAULT BADGES.

SOUVAL 2.01/2.02 Solid
    UNKNOWN MAKER 2.10/2.11 Semi-hollow
    FLL (FRIEDRICH LINDEN) 7.10 Hollow
    7.12/7.13 Solid
    ASSMANN 7.17 Solid
    HYMMEN & CO. 7.28 Semi-hollow
    UNKNOWN MAKER 7.36 Hollow
    UNKNOWN MAKER 7.48 Semi-hollow

The badge in question may be by FLL but hard to determine from images shown - hinge/pin/catch look odd.

Comment

thankyou

[QUOTE=Tim Curley;8458094]There are a number of makers of IABs who did not produce examples of these badges with a "gap" between the rifle and the swastika.

Numbered references are all frolm Sascha Weber's book THE INFANTRY ASSAULT BADGES.

SOUVAL 2.01/2.02 Solid
      UNKNOWN MAKER 2.10/2.11 Semi-hollow
      FLL (FRIEDRICH LINDEN) 7.10 Hollow
      7.12/7.13 Solid
      ASSMANN 7.17 Solid
      HYMMEN & CO. 7.28 Semi-hollow
      UNKNOWN MAKER 7.36 Hollow
      UNKNOWN MAKER 7.48 Semi-hollow

The badge in question may be by FLL but hard to determine from images shown - hinge/pin/catch look odd.[/QUOTT
      Thankyou for clarifying that,
      So what we read in books stating facts about an item shouldnt be taken as fact,so this badge could be genuine! i take your point, but i will still buy ones with gap.

Comment

A few....

Attached Files
        RonR

Comment

A photo from E-bay that Robb has posted....

Attached Files
          RonR

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X