Ribbons Austrian Medal vs German Eagle Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribbons Austrian Medal vs German Eagle Order

In a mixed group of insignia I also got a number of assembled ribbons for the Bronze Medal of the German Eagle Order and Sudetenland- and Austrian-Anschluss-medals. At least I think the latter ribbons are for the Austrian medal.

How do You know for sure whether they are for the Austrian Medal or the Silver Medal of the German Eagle Order? On the doubtless ribbons for the Bronze Eagle Order Medal, I see the black stripes are thicker, but then within the group of supposed ribbons for the Austrian Medal, there are differences in the black stripes width…..
    Attached Files

Spot on, the black stripes are wider on the DAO ribbons.

cheers
    Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Donnerwetter View Post
      ...but then within the group of supposed ribbons for the Austrian Medal, there are differences in the black stripes width…..
      Nice pinback mount ribbons...

Yes, different black stripe widths and different ribbon "red" colours as well. The ribbon at right is not the result of fading because the salmon pink colour is consistent throughout (front & back)! The Sudetenland medal has an even broader range of "red" colours than the Anschluss

Regards

JC
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, then that is settled, those without center-stripe are for the Anschluss-medal.

Very nice mounted medals! Nice to see with the perfectly matching ribbon bars. Interesting to see that huge colour-difference!

Comment

Thanks, then that is settled, those without center-stripe are for the Anschluss-medal.

Very nice mounted medals! Nice to see with the perfectly matching ribbon bars. Interesting to see that huge colour-difference!
          Thanks for the compliment Donnewetter.

Here is another unusual ribbon colour Anschluss single mount from my collection (for which I dont have a matching ribbon bar yet). Slighly lighter shade of salmon colour ribbon but with wider black bars than you normally see...I always suspected this Anschluss medal may have been mounted on an original but incorrect eagle order ribbon (not sure what class)

JC
          Attached Files

Comment

Another nice piece! I´ve always liked the salmon coloured ribbon versions of the IC, WMC, Hindenburgcross etc. but I had not seen the Anschlussmedal-version before. Now I´ll keep an eye out for one of those too.

The black stripes sure seems to be the Eagle order width so I think You are quite right. Probably a case of using what was available. And the soldier was happy not knowing the difference….. Makes that example even more interesting!

Comment

Interesting news for me...I've never seen a EK II 39 or KvK II or KvM with pink ribbon only red & orange ones. I have the KVK/Ms in both red & orange but I but am missing the orange EKII single

JC
              Attached Files

Comment

Deciding upon a colour can sometimes be tricky. But to be honest, I have just considered all those a group of attractive colour variations and never really analysed it much more than that. But it is true, some are more salmon in colour and some more orange. I find them all attractive and collectable.
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice set of mounted KVK:s by the way. I also like to collect medals and crosses as single mounted pieces.

Comment

Deciding upon a colour can sometimes be tricky. But to be honest, I have just considered all those a group of attractive colour variations and never really analysed it much more than that. But it is true, some are more salmon in colour and some more orange. I find them all attractive and collectable.
                    Great selection of ribbons/ribbon shades...I particularly lilke that elusive orange EK II 39 and matching ribbon bar that I know is out there, somewhere

I agree, sometime very close to salmon & orange & hard to say the colour for sure without using a colour matching system (like the PMS: Pantone Matching System) as a guide but thats "a bit" over the top. I only collect singles when I can find them and as much as I like variations who wants (or can afford) to wind up with 25 variations of everything because of minute differences in ribbon shades

Its been a pleasure, good hunting & have fun!

JC

Comment

Yes, I also try to limit my number of variations, there are other gaps in the collection that need filling….

Good luck hunting!

Comment

Interesting subject for me as well. Great examples all!

Another color variant. Much different than the deep red encountered most of the time, and a favorite of mine.

Best,

James
                        Attached Files

Comment

Yes, a very nice one indeed! I really like these colour variations! Wonder how they came to be, I do believe the regulations clearly described red......

Comment

[QUOTE=Sevrin;8446676]Interesting subject for me as well. Great examples all!

Another color variant. Much different than the deep red encountered most of the time, and a favorite of mine.

Best,

Hi James,

Nice disctinctive mat salmon single mount I am still missing but I found a pretty close matching single ribbon bar for it in case I find one

Best

JC
                            Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE=Jean-Claude;8446961]
                              Originally posted by Sevrin View Post
                              Interesting subject for me as well. Great examples all!

Best,

Hi James,

Nice disctinctive mat salmon single mount I am still missing but I found a pretty close matching single ribbon bar for it in case I find one

Best

JC

Yep! My single ribbon bar is deep red; so I need that one there.

James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X