• Show
Clear All

Romanian Ribbon

Wanted to get opinions on this one.

Thanks for the help!

James
    Attached Files

Hi,

here are a few originals form my archive...

regards
    Tomasz
    Attached Files

Comment

looks completely different than usually. If still original - may e foreign production?.. or just wrong..

Comment

Thanks,

Wasn't sure; it looks very bright orange, and the stripes looked different

James

Comment

Originally posted by Sevrin View Post
          Thanks,

Wasn't sure; it looks very bright orange, and the stripes looked different

James
          Hi James,

Hard to say for sure...I suspect you already did the basic tests and the edges look good but from what I have seen most ribbons have variations in colours and even band widths. Flower campaings, EKs, Kvks are good examples.

The version that Tomasz shows is IMO the nicest and most prevalent form for the bulgarian mounted version but there are most likely others. Yours looks orange and to have a gold thread in the 2 (very narrow) bands; mine is a brighter red (than Tomasz's) but only has silvery white thread in the 2 (broader) bands: no gold.

What I do in such cases is try to validate the configuration of ribbons that differ from the "norm" by comparing them to other specimens seen in mounted bars I have in my archives, see on WAF posts or on dealer sites. Some configurations are not as common as others but they do show up

Cheers

JC
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Claude View Post
            Hi James,

What I do in such cases is try to validate the configuration of ribbons that differ from the "norm" by comparing them to other specimens seen in mounted bars I have in my archives, see on WAF posts or on dealer sites. Some configurations are not as common as others but they do show up

Cheers

JC
            Thanks JC for the insight. So far I've not seen another with this particular color. I notice the size difference between the gold/blue bands, but other examples have that as well. I'll keep looking for one similar.

I always thought the color variations of ribbons was an interesting discussion; one we've had before, but I always enjoy seeing what's out there and it makes for interesting displays. Your examples show this quite well, in addition to the different widths of the bands as you stated:

13-03-38 Anschluss variations.jpg

I've seen it suggested that orange kvks and EK's were "early", but i think others have said that's not really the case and was more down to color loss of certain dyes, or simple manufacturing difference.

orange.jpg
            orange2.jpg

Anyway, enough derailing my own thread.

James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X