Medalbar set any chance of identification,...possible general

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medalbar set any chance of identification,...possible general

Any chance somebody can find who the recepient of this might be? It is almost identical to General Major Konrad von Alberti bar, just missing the second medal

thanks
    Attached Files

No this is not his medal bar. Konrad von Alberti had the Württemberg Military Merit Order- an important order and no reason not to mount it.

Also, his medal bar has already been discovered.

Kind regards,
    Pierce

Comment

Pierce is correct. Konrad von Alberti's medal bar is in the hands of a private collector.

Best regards,
      Tom
      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

I meant only as comparisson to Alberti bar, i know his bar,...that it might be a generals set also due to such setup

Comment

Originally posted by germanmedals View Post
          I meant only as comparisson to Alberti bar, i know his bar,...that it might be a generals set also due to such setup
          Yes! Quite possibly a general's medal bar. But the EK2, Württemberg Friedrich Order, Austrian Military Merit Cross 3 combination is much too common to be able to identify this bar IMO.

But a very nice looking medal bar.

Best regards,
          Tom
          Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Yanacek View Post
            Yes! Quite possibly a general's medal bar. But the EK2, Württemberg Friedrich Order, Austrian Military Merit Cross 3 combination is much too common to be able to identify this bar IMO.

But a very nice looking medal bar.

Best regards,
            Tom
            if there is a list of possible recepients of FO and austrian connection i will gladly check every name one by one

Comment

He would have been a junior officer in WW1 who stayed in service it seems, so Generalmajor is a possibility, but Oberst rank could be as likely.

Regardless, it is a lovely medal bar.

Kind regards,
              Pierce

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X