13 place ribbonbar pre WW2,...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13 place ribbonbar pre WW2,...

Any chance a name could be found of recipient to this bar?

If somebody can tell all the medals on it, of some i have no idea which are.

thanks
    Attached Files

Originally posted by germanmedals View Post
    Any chance a name could be found of recipient to this bar?

If somebody can tell all the medals on it, of some i have no idea which are.

thanks
    Unless I'm mistaken on a few of these, the majority (at least 9?) of these ribbons are for "vanity" medals, (non-official decorations) so in that case, there's not enough there to identify. If so, that's a crazy padded-out bar.

James

Comment

Vanity bar for sure, but I don't think it's period. There's ribbons overlapping each other, and swords devices not centered properly. Just not getting good vibes from this one.

Comment

Originally posted by mailman View Post
        Vanity bar for sure, but I don't think it's period. There's ribbons overlapping each other, and swords devices not centered properly. Just not getting good vibes from this one.

Agree with the above, it's a rubbish bar.

Comment

not even a good copy.. just rubbish really

Comment

Originally posted by Sonderkommando View Post
            Agree with the above, it's a rubbish bar.
            how quick can you change your opinion?

How long would you expect it to be with 13 ribbons if not partially covering them self
            Attached Files

Comment

It's a period but EXTREME vanity bar. Other than the EKII (1914) and the Hungarian Commemorative medal everything is unofficial veteran bling.

Comment

Is the second band for WWI Prussian Order of the Red Eagle 4th Class with Swords?

medalbar doesnt interest me,..the ribbonbar does I got only ribbonbar
                Last edited by germanmedals; 12-01-2018, 07:08 AM.

Comment

I would think it would be the Saxon Weimar White Falcon Knight's cross 2d class.
                  pseudo-expert

Comment

Cool...so slowly we are getting somewhere,....from total rubish, to top notch ribbonbar

Comment

All those vanity ribbons for WW1 service but no 1914-1918 'Hindenburg' cross?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott C. View Post
                        All those vanity ribbons for WW1 service but no 1914-1918 'Hindenburg' cross?
                        Yep, once the Hindy was instituted it would have prohibited those 10 vanity ribbons and he would have been left with 4 "real" awards.

So this crazy bar was Weimar period pre-dating the Hindenburg cross when they could get away with padding bars with every commemorative and vet organization medal they could.

James
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Sevrin; 12-01-2018, 02:02 PM.

Comment

What an awesome looking set. They sure made some pretty looking pieces during the Weimar Period. And you don't really see these long, Weimar Period bars that often.

An extreme vanity bar for sure. But I think I am vain enough that I would not mind having such a bar in my collection.

Best regards,
                          Tom
                          Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Vanity Fair

Don D. has a thread with some examples of both medal & ribbon bars of these here:

Vanity Bars

But I think the bar in THIS thread is the gold winner.

James
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Sevrin; 12-01-2018, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X