Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AK ring and Krim ring for opinion

Hello,

What do you think please about these two rings ? Post war or ww2 authentics ?
    The Afrika Korps ring has a buffer "800" and another, which means it is 800/1000 silver. The Krim ring don't have any one.

Thank you very much !

The AK ring :

The Krim ring

DAK looks well marked, it should have a “pinhole” somewhere on the top or bottom of the edge of the cartouche for gas to escape when it was constructed. Cartouche should therefore be hollow, light in weight. If so, that is a fantastic Italian made DAK. Inside the “lozenge” there should be a maker mark like “14 (fasces) MI” important that the fasces is in the middle to correctly date it. If it reads as my example, then it’s a wonderful ww2 period piece made by enrico locatelli of Milan. Can’t say on the Krim. These are made perfectly even today.

Comment

Thank you very much for your answer !

I think, this is "282" on the one side of the lozenge (but not 14), and possibly MI on the other side, but I am not sure.

I think there is a pinhole on the cartouche (I made a better picture of this place). Is that black hole circle in the middle on the base on the cartouche ?

I made some other pictures :

Comment

I can’t tell from your pictures myself, but the important part of the lozenge mark to date it pre-45 is the symbol of the fasces in the lozenge. There were literally hundreds of makers, it’s a bit of research you’ll have to do to find the maker. A good silver hallmarks book or website isn’t too hard to find, just google it. The pinhole should be exactly that, not anything like a scratch or divot. Doesn’t have to be round but usually is. Sorry I can’t see the mark or the hole from your pictures, but at least you know what to look for. Hope that’s helpful, best regards..

Comment

Thank you Byzanti for your help !
          I found a good webside with the reference of the italian silver Hallmarks :

http://www.silvercollection.it/italianhallmarks.html

The n°8 corresponds to the marks of my AK ring. And these marks were made until 1944. So, I think we can deduct it is original.

but no idea for the crim ring ...

Comment

looking at the front of the DAK it appears good. The hallmarks seem ok.. check to make sure the hole really is a hole [should be clear thru].. IF so its good..

The Krim seems ok.. They are easy to make but there were many originals out there.

They're probably both good.. But check the holes on the DAK just to be on the safe side..

Comment

Ok, I will do it. Thank you very much for your advices and your help !
              Best regards

Comment

DAK ring is an good one
                "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Another similar DAK Ring...

Attached Files
                  RonR

Comment

another one in my collection found in Salerno (south Italy) in
                    the land unfortunately is broken. Note this type of ring is empty
                    cheers, Raffaello
                    Attached Files
                    "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X