blue division medal fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blue division medal fake?

This is for sale is a medal of the blue division in the forum and I'm almost sure it's false. you who think?

In my oppinion, FAKE 100%.
    Regards
    Jose

Comment

Hi,Choco
      Jose is right and your concerns about the Russian N are founded !
      Run away from it.
      Regards Chay

Comment

is "on hold" in the E-Stands section of this forum!

Comment

Yes I just had a look,
          details are really poor in my opinion and if it is an original commemorative medal

Comment

There are both Spanish and German made examples of this medal. Is this a Spanish type?

Could someone post photos of an original from each country for comparison?

Comment

Thanks for the thread. I luckily hadn't shipped yet and the buyer has been refunded.

I did some research on these but the "N" escaped me. The details actually look okay in person and I couldn't see casting indications. The ribbon is fine under blacklight too.

Interestingly, Emedals has sold examples with this backwards N and Collectors Guild is selling one right now:

https://www.germanmilitaria.com/Heer...s/H019378.html

It doesn't appear that any originals should have this backwards "N" and I agree they are bad, albeit fairly well made fakes. I've seen repros of these before at shows but they were very poorly made in comparison.

Again, thanks for the heads-up! Justin

Comment

I don't read Spanish. Maybe someone can say whether this information is helpful as I see this type medal is referenced.

www.el-rastro.com/DAmedallas.htm

Comment

Originally posted by vonStubben View Post
                  I don't read Spanish. Maybe someone can say whether this information is helpful as I see this type medal is referenced.

www.el-rastro.com/DAmedallas.htm

Hi

Only the first german medal for spanish soldiers of this web is original (1939-45). All the rest are souvenirs ..... pieces made for veterans, but them are not original .... only souvenirs.

Regards
                  Jose

Comment

Originally posted by upbeek View Post
                    Hi,Choco
                    Jose is right and your concerns about the Russian N are founded !
                    Run away from it.
                    Regards Chay
                    Actually in russian the letter « и » is a vowel. It will correspond to the sounds of a french « I » or a english «E» .

Like in the word : привет , (Hello) who will «translate» to Privet in our latin alphabet.

Comment

Originally posted by Iam Al Bandy View Post
                      Hi

Only the first german medal for spanish soldiers of this web is original (1939-45). All the rest are souvenirs ..... pieces made for veterans, but them are not original .... only souvenirs.

Regards
                      Jose
                      Thank you.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X