Kriegsmarine - Prague Castle Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine - Prague Castle Bar

Our colleague Sepp45 recently posted this image of Kapitän zur See Alfred Schulze-Hinrichs in his excellent Knight Crosses Today, in the Crosses of the Wehrmacht forum.

Of interest is the Prague Castle Bar he is wearing on his ribbon bar.

Photos of (and documents to) Kriegsmariners awarded the "Sudetenland Medal" are to be found if you look for them; I have never seen a photo, or a document for the Prague Castle Bar to a sailor until this one came up.

Does anyone else have such a photo or document to show?
    I would love to see any that are out there.

Here is a link to Sepp45's thread mentioned above, one of several he posts for our enjoyment and edification. I for one, applaud his efforts.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=628692
    Attached Files

There was a small Kriegsmarine unit that used Sudetland event as a practising for similiar activity in future. I used to had medal bar from Kriegsmarine soldier with Memel amd Sudetland woth Prague bar

Comment

He seems to also wear the Anschluss Medal ribbon. Very rarely would you see a KM officer with this medal either.

Looking at his pre-war career might shed some light on this. The 1938 Rank List states he was with OKW (Oberkommando der Wehrmacht), so this might help explain.

Kind regards
      Pierce

Comment

For sure, a intriguing picture that induces one to ask just what the story is with it.

Chet
        Zinc stinks!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X