Hello,
    someone of Experts who can say more about it?Regards
    Attached Files

It's Deutsches-Feld-Ehrenzeichen, WW1 veterans badge

https://www.ehrenzeichen-orden.de/we...enzeichen.html

regards
    Tomasz

Comment

Quite a bit of information on this award has been posted here.
      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=544074
      Either this one has had the hinge, pin and catch replaced, or it is a copy.
      Ralph.
      Last edited by rbminis; 09-09-2018, 01:10 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Ralph,
        I read the thread you referenced and got educated a bit today as I was in the dark concerning this badge. In that thread another member mentioned he had witnessed five different sets of hardware. Could this not be one?

Chet
        Zinc stinks!

Comment

Originally posted by rbminis View Post
          Quite a bit of information on this award has been posted here.
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=544074
          Either this one has had the hinge, pin and catch replaced, or it is a copy.
          Ralph.
          Always liked this design too but I agree with Ralph: replaced hardware...

Not sure if I ever saw all 5 different hardware variations mentioned in the reference thread but since there was only 1 maker of these I doubt he would obliterate part of his own name/maker mark with oversize hardware on one variant and avoid doing so on the others.

JC

Comment

Here’s my example for comparison purposes:
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chet Sowersby View Post
              Ralph,
              I read the thread you referenced and got educated a bit today as I was in the dark concerning this badge. In that thread another member mentioned he had witnessed five different sets of hardware. Could this not be one?

Chet
              Thanks Chet!
              As I have not seen all of the variants mentioned, I can not say for sure, maybe best to ask that member, I believe his name is Brian.

As this award was not normally known to be worn during war time, I just can not see the need for such a large base plate for the hinge or catch, I can't think of any other original award that has such a large base on such a small badge. It just doesn't make sense when all of my examples have the hinge and catch soldered directly to the reverse of the award.
              Ralph.

Comment

Badge which has started this thread is fake IMO, although it can be completely ****ed up genuine example, either way I would pass on that item.

Best regards,
                Franko

Comment

Yes, pin-set looks really strange, and the proportions are odd. What are dimensions of this badge? And may be better, sharper pictures are available?

regards
                  Tomasz

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X