9 place medal bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9 place medal bar

I would like to ask fellow collectors for a little help. At first look, what a nice Wehrmacht 9 place medal bar! However, it has 3 flower wars medals plus even westwall. Bit suspicious for me as is this combo is on WH medal bar. Maybe post war assembly for a veteran? Still cannot help myself as I somehow like it.

Genuineness of the medals we might discuss with better pics that I have already requested from the seller.

Hi mate

I don´t like this bar, as you said, in my oppinion, it´s not possible 3 flowers medals + westwall medal. For me, it´s not from 1939-45.
    Regards
    Jose

Comment

Originally posted by Iam Al Bandy View Post
      Hi mate

I don´t like this bar, as you said, in my oppinion, it´s not possible 3 flowers medals + westwall medal. For me, it´s not from 1939-45.
      Regards
      Jose
      Thank Jose... you are right but as far as I am concerned, exceptions are also in photos taken during ww2

Comment

New bar constructed of original medals. Some close up of memel would be great for experts to take a look if it is original

Comment

Originally posted by BBrick View Post
          Thank Jose... you are right but as far as I am concerned, exceptions are also in photos taken during ww2
          Yes, there are a few exceptions with 3 flowers war medals.... Himmler, Rommel...? But, as Germanmedals says... in my opinión, new bar construction.

Comment

Even from this range the Memel looks to be a long podium fake. Compare the length to the 13th March and 1st October

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Iam Al Bandy View Post
              Yes, there are a few exceptions with 3 flowers war medals.... Himmler, Rommel...? But, as Germanmedals says... in my opinión, new bar construction.
              Strange if that one is bad that is being offered by http://griffinmilitaria.com/

Comment

The Memel is bad.

Either Long Podium or B Memel fake.

I'll go with Long Podium in lieu of better pictures.

Wayne

Comment

Here's an earlier thread that mentions the medal bars on that site.....I see the one that started the thread is $1250?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ffin+militaria

I looked at a police visor on that site as well, and he describes it as having a patent leather visor which it clearly hasn't.

I guess nobodys perfect.

Comment

thank you for help guys terrible that this guy is just another scammer.

Comment

Originally posted by BBrick View Post
                      Strange if that one is bad that is being offered by http://griffinmilitaria.com/
                      The day all those bars showed up there, it must have been like an entire page worth (out of a large collection perhaps?) Were some nice ones for sure, but also some that just strained credibility like the one originally posted and a few others:

Comment

This are so called Austrian fakes. Few dealers offer them on their sites not regarding if original or not. I guess they just dont care. From fast check of other items, i havent seen any other questionable items except this few long medalbars that he offers, but i havent spent more than few minutes on the site. you can freely write to the seller that he is selling new era constructed bars of fakes and originals. He might correct the prices acordingly,...or if he is a POS, he will ignore you and even call you ignorant. Try

Comment

Not for me either. In my opinion a postwar put-together with a mixture of original and fake parts.

Best regards,
                          Tom
                          Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

A terrible mess of a bar I am afraid!

Kind regards
                            Pierce

Comment

I was under the impression that the Westwall medal was unable to be earned by those who received a Czech occupation medal. Is this correct?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X