Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire brigade cross

Greetings all,

Can anyone offer opinions on this cross? I've searched several and can't find a real or fake match. Two things that jump out at me as odd are the top rings which are different than any others I've found and also the circular text is in a different position that all others. Unfortunately only photos available. Many thanks in advance for all the help as these crosses are out of my comfort range.
    Attached Files

More
    Attached Files

Comment

Last
      Attached Files

Comment

Strange ... the quality is there but the jump ring is very odd and there is an umlaut missing on 'Löschwesen' and a dash between Ver and dienst.

Ian

Comment

Looks nice to me but not in the least familiar with this cross. However I do vaguely recall a rather recent thread discussing this item were the position of the text vis a vis the edges of the was a determining factor of authenticity

JC

Comment

Hi JC,

Here's a cross I posted many moons ago. Contrary to the cross starting this thread, it has the correct ball suspension, but features the same incorrect position of attachment. The cross was rotated 90 degree to the left upon soldering, thus making it difficult to read.

cheers
            Peter
            Attached Files

Comment

The 2nd one looks ok

Comment

I'd gladly take medal #2 ... looks to be a Friday afternoon special when someone had one eye on the nearest pub.

Ian

Comment

1st & 2nd Class for comparison.....

Attached Files
                  RonR

Comment

Interesting Peter, yours is the only other one I've seen with the incorrect position of attachment. Thanks everyone for the comments and photos

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X