Emedals - Medalbook

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what awards can be worn on the right breast pocket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what awards can be worn on the right breast pocket?

Hello all,

Just a question I was thinking about. What awards can be worn on the right breast pocket by members of the Wehrmacht?

DKIS/DKIG
    German/Spanish Cross
    Gallipoli Star

I believe the Spain War cross is one as well, but any others you can think of?

Anyone have photos of odd decorations worn in this location?

William Kramer
    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Turkish Gallipoli Star
    Attached Files

Comment

Spanish Cross in gold, with swords and diamonds
      Attached Files

Comment

German Cross
        Attached Files

Comment

Here is a Spain War cross being worn on the left breast pocket, though I believe I have seen it in period pics being worn on the right.

William Kramer
          Attached Files

Comment

I have seen other foreign decorations worn on the right hand side, especially if the left hand side was full up!

Kind regards
            Pierce

Comment

I Believe the "Star" award being worn on the left breast pocket on a couple of the pictures is the Bulgarian Honour cross, similar to the DKiG.

But on the right would be worn the DKiG/DKiS, Spanish cross in bronze, silver and gold with and without swords, and Gallipoli star for WW1 vets.

Has been known and shown in wartime pictures that the DGiG and DKiS being worn together one below the other

All the best
              Green Devils

Comment

I believe German regulations stipulated the Spanish War Cross (Cruz de Guerra) be worn on the left side. Some period photos do show it incorrectly worn on the right -- understandable given previous regulations governing foreign awards being worn on the right.

Comment

I’ve seen very many spanienkreuz on the right. Perhaps it was an award that was supposed to be moved to the left with the new regulations?

Comment

Bill - aside from the German Cross, mostly foreign awards. I’ve seen various foreign awards worn there, almost exclusively. There was of course the blood order but that was the ribbon only on the flap.

J-

Comment

Originally posted by all1knew View Post
                      Here is a Spain War cross being worn on the left breast pocket, though I believe I have seen it in period pics being worn on the right.

William Kramer
                      In post n°5 the Spain Cross is seen being worn on the right breast pockets as well. As it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott C. View Post
                        I believe German regulations stipulated the Spanish War Cross (Cruz de Guerra) be worn on the left side. Some period photos do show it incorrectly worn on the right -- understandable given previous regulations governing foreign awards being worn on the right.
                        Period German documentation established that Das Spanish Kreuz wird auf der rechten Brustseiete unter dem Blutorden getragen, which means on the right side.

Comment

Originally posted by Byzanti View Post
                          I’ve seen very many spanienkreuz on the right. Perhaps it was an award that was supposed to be moved to the left with the new regulations?
                          "spanienkreuz" should always be on the right, the other way round disregarded orders. Changing the position of awards was not customary in regulations governing orders and awards and I'm not aware of instructions moving the Spain Cross from the right pocket to the left pocket.
                          It seems that right and left are being mixed up by some. In the case of awards and decorations it's the wearer's side that has to be considered, not the viewer's.

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoPennisi View Post
                            Period German documentation established that Das Spanish Kreuz wird auf der rechten Brustseiete unter dem Blutorden getragen, which means on the right side.
                            Really? I thought the correct definition was Spaninkreuz.

cheers
                            Peter

Comment

- Heeresbergführer

- HJ Führersportabzeichen

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X