Ostvolk Badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rene Chavez
    ... not sure about the last one, but keep in mind that these “Ostvolk” badges were manufacturer by various German firms so there might be some slight variation on the ring size.
    I can’t remember if the “1957” issues had the flat surface on the reverse and also if they were made a tad smaller in size. Sorry that’s all I know perhaps other members can provide some more details on these Ostvolk awards.

Cheers
    Rene Chavez
    Http://axis101.bizland.com
    Thanks Rene,

I remember Frank mentioning something about the "real" ones having the "dimple" on the reverse. I assume he meant the recessed concave shape.

I have been unable to locate ANY 1957 versions, OR any WW2 versions that match my Bronze above. Interesting to say the least.

Comment

hello,

here are one war time bronze 2nd class

Originally posted by h009291
      Thanks Rene,

I remember Frank mentioning something about the "real" ones having the "dimple" on the reverse. I assume he meant the recessed concave shape.

I have been unable to locate ANY 1957 versions, OR any WW2 versions that match my Bronze above. Interesting to say the least.
      Attached Files

Comment

reverse
        Attached Files

Comment

Gold 1st class with swords

in my opinion the first 3 medals are originals war time,
          Attached Files

Comment

Humberto,

Does the 2nd Class Bronze one have the scooped out back? looks flat in the picture.

Comment

reverse
              Attached Files

Comment

Darrel,

yes it is solid reverse variant

Comment

Darrel,

here are one bronze 2nd class of Detlev's catalog, as you can see the ring is similar to your bronze medal
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Humberto Corado
                    Darrel,

here are one bronze 2nd class of Detlev's catalog, as you can see the ring is similar to your bronze medal
                    Looks like a match to the ring attached onto a shorter top starburst? Or is it just my eyes?

Comment

yes, The ring seems to be attached to the top of the one sunburst

Looks like a match to the ring attached onto a shorter top starburst? Or is it just my eyes?

Comment

yes, The ring seems to be attached to the top of the one sunburst
                        Looks like Detlev has no OstVolk Medals anywhere on his site

Well thanks for the picture. At least this version existed

Comment

hello Darrel,

sorry, I forgot to tell you that this bronze 2nd class with out ribbon is a 1957 version, you can see it in the Detlev's catalog.

Looks like Detlev has no OstVolk Medals anywhere on his site

Well thanks for the picture. At least this version existed
                          Last edited by Humberto Corado; 03-19-2005, 09:46 PM.

Comment

hello Darrel,

sorry, I forgot to tell you that this bronze 2nd class with out ribbon is a 1957 version, you can see it in the Detlev's catalog.
                            Thanks Humberto. Good investigative reporter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X