No announcement yet.

Carton/ cardboard box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are several typically Gablonz-like cartons, posted on GMIC some years back if I remember correctly. Always with the pattern on the sides of the bottom halves as well -- unlike the carton from the top of the post.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Norm F; 04-09-2017, 04:33 PM.

Comment

On these award cartons, typically you see corner folds in the coloured patterned paper on the long sides.
      Attached Files

Comment

In contrast, on Dirk's carton, the corner folds are on the short sides of the cartons. So, along with the lack of colour on the bottom half of the carton, the construction is different from what we see on Gablonz award cartons.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, Norm! This is turning into a very informative thread!

Comment

Hi all,

interesting thread, but unfortunately I can not add anything informative. I noticed that sometimes the Gablonz made badges are packed in the boxes as Norm posted (I noticed also some other patterns ), but I never studied the boxes deeply. Gablonz had a long tradition of fashion jewellery production, and very offten the products were packed in such boxes. There were many manufacturers of cartons for fashion jewellery and glass products here around. I think the manufacturers of badges just started using such boxes also for badges when there was a need. I never understand the rules how the badges should be packed for the distribution. ( sometimes in envelopes with manufacturer identification, sometimes in decorative boxes that we see, sometimes in plain cartons, sometimes in in official blue boxes with gold inscription....) It is still unknown field for me.

Best regards
            Pavel

Comment

Well, guess the originally posted box may not be specific to a Gablonz maker. I'll continue to see if I can find an exact example to compare. But like Pavel says, these may have originally been jewelry boxes so the first box could have come from just about anywhere.
              Dale

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X