enamel ribbon bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

enamel ribbon bar

Are enamel ribbon button hole devices common or rare?

Rare but still affordable. Stogieman Rick pictured one recently in a thread over at the Imperials.

Cheers, Frank H.
    Cheers, Frank

Comment

Mike Dunn's got one on eBay, or just did. I have one that actually pins on and is made of 800 silver with a separate swords device. There was a page of them on offer in the January 1939 Steinhauer & Lück catalog-- but I doubt I see more than 1 a year. The little stickpin minis of the awards themselves were apparently more popular.

Comment

Thanks for the responces guys. I have two WW1's and a LW long sevice bar with silver eagle attached. I acquired these several years ago and are the only one's I have seen since.

Comment

Ahh, I sense an expanded "Related Items" section for the Ribbon Bar Article posted on this website! Anybody who has any, please post them here and let me know if they are available for the future Article expansion (Baby Bianchi should be old enough to help Seba soon enough!)

Here's part of the offerings shown in the January 1939 Steinhauer & Lück catalog:
          Attached Files

Comment

These prices are substantially higher than what the usual lapel ribbon bows cost back then, which probably accounts for the scarcity of this type of "ribbon" bar.

The rest of the Steinhauer enamel "ribbon bar" lapel devices page:
            Attached Files

Comment

I had a complex multi-piece 25mm Austrian WW1 "ribbon" bar years ago-- each individual enamel "ribbon" was on a gray metal backing with 2 clips, and to each side was a blunt loop and slot to bend and attach other "ribbons" in a row.

This German one is a little smaller than the normal 15mm width ribbon bar, and the only one I've ever seen with a pin on back rather than a lapel button.
              Attached Files

Comment

Although it has a pin with a complex locking catch, this was certainly never intended for wear on a uniform, and must just be a really "swank" civilian lapel device:
                Attached Files

Comment

Every part of this fine jeweller made piece is silver. Here it is showing the marks right way up and the catch and pin open:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Rick,

Thats scarce! Dimensions and needle system looks like a ribbon bar, maybe it was really worn on a uniform.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Dang, Rick!

What posessed you to let that go? Those types of attachments are very early and very rare! Reminds me of those K.M.S.T. 14' EK1s...

Beautiful and thanks for sharing. Any opinion on the maker?

Comment

Hello all

You learn something new everyday, and I thought enamel ribbon bars were only introduced/become popular after the war in East Germany. East German enamel ribbon bars are the only ones I’ve ever seen, they were apparently more durable than the regular material ones.

Regards

Dez

Comment

My new collection of buttonhole enamel ribbon bars...

Just came across these. First ones I've ever encountered.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Martygraw View Post
                            Just came across these. First ones I've ever encountered.
                            Very nice examples.

Kind regards
                            Pierce

Comment

I never even knew these existed until this thread popped up today. Very nice looking ribbons!
                              Dale

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X