Can these be ID'ed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can these be ID'ed?

Can either of these three ribbon bars be Identified?.

I am looking for Ribbon/Medal bars that can be attributed but I dont know what to look for other than the 25 year service award and look for something unique but I dont know what qualifies as unique on a bar.

thanks
    John
    Attached Files

Re

-
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi there John,

Thanks for sharing some of your ribbon bars. I don't think any of these can be identified, unfortunately. I am not seeing anything unique that would allow you to do so. There are a handful of guys who can do this based on their accumulation of surviving rolls and award lists; it's definitely a exercise in compiling and organizing resources in that regard. But there have to be the type of awards and award grades present that you're able to cross check multiple lists and narrow the contenders down to one man. If there are too many awardees for any decoration, the identification becomes nigh impossible. Often the best case scenario is narrowing it down to a handful of possible candidates.

Just to give you an idea, about 15% of my bars have been identified. And among ribbon bar collections, that is on the high side, I'd say. Even if a bar has a unique enough combination, you still have to find someone to do it for you; or learn the process yourself and start acquiring the proper resources. Not saying this to try and discourage you, just trying to give you a realistic picture of the lay of the land.

Often bars which are already identified are for sale in high-end auctions, but the prices can be exorbitant.

Best regards,

Jason

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X