Need help identifying medal box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help identifying medal box

I recently obtained this box, believed to be Third Reich, but I can't say for sure. Does anyone know what this might be?

Dimensions are approx 1 7/8" x 3 3/4"

Top view:

Bottom view:

Attached Files

There is no writing or maker marks anywhere on the box or lid.

Comment

Hi Ken,

I'm afraid I've no idea at all on this one, sorry to be of no help.....any of you other guys seen anything of the likes on your travels ?

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Like I said before, this was thought to be German WW2 by the person who gave it to me, but it very well could be anything but that.

Comment

I wouldn't discount it though Ken, it's more in the 'private purchase' or a slim chance of a Civil sorts unbeknown to me.

On the other hand I'm certainly no expert, many numerous jewellery sorts of boxes where used in the private purchase realm etc etc etc. It could be even be 1930's ? Or it could be 1950's or much latter.

Keep it for what it is and from whom you got it

Again sorry to be of no help, I wish I could on this......you never know though, I will keep my eyes open in the future and get back to this thread if I see anything relateable to your box.

I'm researching boxes and packets, and there are individuals who collect boxes out there in the non military sense, from periods, countries etc, I'll take a pic of this off the forum and pass it along to a couple of people who 'collect' boxes 'per se' and see what their thoughts are for you. If thats ok for me to do that for you ? Is it ok for me to use your pic ?

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X