X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"White Berlin" ?

Please reference this sales link:
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=883214

Can someone enlighten me as to what "White Berlin" is? I think it may be referring to the matte white surfaces. Any help on what it is and, the origins of the term?

Thanks

G.

Probably just a typo. It's the matt white silver plate I would imagine.

Comment

Makes me think of the Term "Blue de Berlin" (don 't know if that's correctly written) that I sometimes heard and that reffers to the finish?

Regards, Wim
      Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Originally posted by Inspector Krogh View Post
        Please reference this sales link:
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=883214

Can someone enlighten me as to what "White Berlin" is? I think it may be referring to the matte white surfaces. Any help on what it is and, the origins of the term?

Thanks

G.
        Hi good night: when the people talk about of the "White Berlin", are talking about of the Silver mate finish of the Medal, is typical of some medals like Kvks1, 25 years Loyal service.. etc.. kind Regards.

Comment

Never heard the expression "White Berlin" before but I agree it most likely refers to the frosted white applied finish (like a paint) which was then partially polished to highlight the high points a seen on a lot of minty/unworn pieces. This type of finish is also found on gilded pieces as well but it tends to dissapear or tone (become yellowish) with wear/age. Found on everything from decorations to war badges and uniform insignia

Regards

JC
          Attached Files

Comment

My thanks to all of you for the replies. It appears that "White Berlin" refers to the matte finish....whatever the origin of the term.

G.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X