New stuff to id and authenticate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New stuff to id and authenticate.

Sorry for such a general post but when some of my pickers show up, it's an eclectic batch of stuff they have for me. Yesterday all this showed up on my doorstep:

DSC09599 by rynegold, on Flickr

Some looks good, some not. The War Service crosses are nice I think, and the Luftschutz patch looks ok as does the tinny, but what of the collar tabs?, I have little experience w/ collar tabs but I can say there's a difference in the dies used to make these, they don't exactly match.... and where was the huge cloth iron cross item worn?, or is that a fantasy item?

Any help appreciated!

regards, mitch

A slide show of all of the items:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/190898...57674813717815

Ron,
    Try the SS sub forum for the tabs. Don't hold your breath on them being original.
    How about a reverse of KvKs? They should be posted in the crosses forum and the cloth EK1 down in the imperial forum. That looks to be a fantasy piece to me.

Good luck,
    Chet
    Zinc stinks!

Comment

Chuck key is OK.
      Pete

Comment

The "chuck key" is/are the war merit crosses?? And what do you call that "luftschutz" item? a patch? breast (wings?) patch? what?

edit: now I see it is called a "breast eagle" even though it has no "eagle" body.... so is a bullion one rare? and is this one authentic?
        Last edited by rynegold; 10-05-2016, 03:28 PM.

Comment

You don't know a chuck key is? There is one in your pic. Top left hand coroner.

Chet
          Zinc stinks!

Comment

Originally posted by Chet Sowersby View Post
            You don't know a chuck key is? There is one in your pic. Top left hand coroner.

Chet
            Ha ha!!! I didn't even see that!! Yes that's my chuck key for my fordom..... I'm a jeweler by trade!

Comment

Hi Mitch,
              The kvks look fine to me, though the fakes of the 1st class have gotten pretty good so you might want to post it in the crosses forum. The bullion Luftschutz also looks good to me; I believe being bullion that it is an officer version though I don't know the rank structure of the LS so I can't tell you for sure. I assume the bullion is a bit pricier than a standard cloth pattern but I don't know what LS items sell for except that they are generally not as much in demand as military items.

Chet is right on placing the tabs in the SS uniforms forum and the cloth EK1 in the Imperial forum. I'm not sure whether the EK is a fantasy item or not, to me it looks more like a decorative piece that could have been used by a veteran's organization or something similar.
              Dale

Comment

Thanks everyone! Most helpful.

Comment

Mitch,
                  Will you post up the KvKs in the crosses forum please. I ask as the obverse of the KvK1/swords looks to be a Floch.

Chet
                  Zinc stinks!

Comment

Thanks Chet. Yes, I will do so.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X