Opinions on a West Wall Medal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on a West Wall Medal.

I was just wondering what you guys think of this West Wall Medal, and the way it's pinned. [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

The ribbon is original, as is the medal. The pin mounting is an after thought ... possibly period in my opinion.

Ian.

Comment

Nice original medal and ribbon.

Wayne

Comment

I'm guessing that this is the early style West Wall Medal. And just by looking at it is there any way to guess the maker? And for the Pin, I've really never seen one pinned like this with the pin showing on the front.. Other than the different style pin job the Medal is in great shape, and I'm glad I picked it up.

Comment

Very nice example.

Best regards,
          Tom
          Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Yes LA - is a early style bronze WW medal .
            We know S&L amongst others made them ( advertising sheet ) ... but if that is a S&L piece I cannot tell .
            There are different dies - 3 to possibly 5 dies used ..... I think some one has put out a book now on WW medals .
            Most only have/show minor differences .... only one is more than usual different .
            One such comparison :

Douglas
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Guys. I didn't know there was any different dies used in making the West Wall Medals, I just thought there was the early style & the later style Medals. That's the fun thing about this hobby, there's always something new to learn..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X