• Show
Clear All

Prageburg

Gentlemen,

What do you think about originality.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

It may just be me but neither of my full-size Prague bars have the windows in the building on the extreme left ...

Marked L/12 ..

Unmarked ..

The crispness of the strike and additional windows is interesting to, while the antiqued finish is close to that of the Junker piece.

Ian

Comment

Here's mine for reference as well.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Stukapilot,

Far from an expert on these but like Ian & Howarthj neither of my full size Prager bars have windows in the left building but then again I've noticed there are different designs with different degrees of details, different building perspectives and scenery sizes (in relation to outer bar frame) with or without the "HC" intials in the shrubbery on these Prager bars but I dont know if the additional windows on yours are a significant indication of authenticity.

Personally, I like the sharp detail and find the fact you can still make out the top part of the "HC" initials in the shrubbery despite the addition of a line/bar where the shrubbery meets the bar frame and obliterates the lower part of the letters interesting.

Such disctinctive features (additional windows, partly obliterated letters) are bound to ring a bell to someone that knows these more intimately than me.

Regards

JC

Comment

Thank you, guys!

Comment

There were several different manufacturers of this bar.
              The one showed from Stukapilot is a "border line" piece.
              Of course, like for all the rest of the militaria fields, we cannot compare a maker with another, we can only search for historical proof that can support or dismiss the originality of a piece.
              In this case, as far as I remember, it is not proven to be unquestionable.

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
              - THE SS TK RING
              - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
              - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
              - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X