Lakesidetrader

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Officers Long Ribbon Bar - Good or Bad ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officers Long Ribbon Bar - Good or Bad ?

Good Afternoon Gents,

Here is a very nice long ribbon bar (officers ?) that I was hoping the forum ribbon experts could offer an opinion on. It looks really good to me, and even though I am learning, I would still appreciate any opinions from the ranks !!!

Thanks in advance, and best regards !!!

Sean
    Attached Files

Hi Sean,

Both bars look like nice originals to me. The one at the bottom is certainly a bar belonging to a commissioned officer in the Luftwaffe. Probably at least an Oberstleutnant or Oberst.

The bar at the top could, in fact, be the bar of a commissioned officer, in which case it is very likely that of a General Officer. However, it could also be the bar of a career NCO and there is no way to tell for sure. The key would be the Bavarian Merit Order/Cross. (The ribbon having the silver crown and swords device.) That device could indicate a Bavarian Military Merit Order 4th Class with swords and crown (only awarded to commissioned officers), but it could also represent the Bavarian Military Merit Cross 2nd Class with swords and crown, which would be for an NCO.

Best regards,
    Tom
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Thank you Tom !!!

I had a gut feeling that they were originals, but a 2nd or even a 3rd opinion always puts my conscience at ease !!!

Best Regards,

Sean

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X