Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions On These Ribbon Bars?

Hello Gents,

I'm still learning about ribbon bars, so I was looking for some guidance as to whether these ribbon bars are genuine or not. These are listed on a dealers website.

Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated !!!

Best Regards,

Sean
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Sean

No. 2 & 3 are fakes. I am not so sure about No. 1 either to be honest.

Kind regards
          Pierce

Comment

Originally posted by luftkrieg View Post
            Hi Sean

No. 2 & 3 are fakes. I am not so sure about No. 1 either to be honest.

Kind regards
            Pierce
            Hi Pierce,

Thank you for your reply, and for saving me from buying fakes. It seems like most of the ribbon bars I have been posting lately, especially from these smaller dealer websites are fake. It kind of makes you wonder if they are just as uninformed as I am, or they are purposely being misleading...

Best regards, and cheers !!!

Sean

Comment

I agree with Pierce - I'd say comfortably that you're best to stay away from the first three.

I feel like when you're looking at longer Luftwaffe ribbon bars like this, at least 15 out of 20 are post-war constructed or reconstructed. Longer bars with Heer long service eagles are much more plentiful given the service numbers.

It's difficult to say which sellers are intentionally deceptive and which just don't know their stuff. From a collector's perspective, there is simply too much to know about everything. This is why a narrow focus is important for any new collector. The more focused the better. So I don't know that it's realistic to expect dealers who sell a little of everything to know more than a little of everything.

J-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X