FlandersMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 x ribbon bar with strange EKII ribbon!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 x ribbon bar with strange EKII ribbon!?!

Hello guys

What do you think, is the EKII ribbon wrong? Too thin red stripe? Repro or variation?
    Attached Files

Hello,

I see what you mean about the EK2 ribbon. It does look a bit odd with the narrower red stripe. However, I think it is fine and the other ribbons are good as well. What I find more unusual, though, is that the ribbon for the Romanian Crusade against Communism is placed before the two annexation medals. That ribbon should be at the very end of the bar, rather than in the middle. But I still think the bar is probably okay. Lets see what others have to say.

Best regards,
    Tom
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Agree all look fine and I can only guess that the original owner was Romanian and placed that award above the Annex medals, again only a guess. Its an odd placement for a German. TPK

Comment

Thank you for your help guys

Comment

I don't have a problem with this bar.

J-

Comment

Originally posted by TPK View Post
            Agree all look fine and I can only guess that the original owner was Romanian and placed that award above the Annex medals, again only a guess. Its an odd placement for a German. TPK
            I agree.

Kind regards
            Pierce

Comment

It looks like they substituted a trimmed down full sized widows cross for an EK2. Still really cool.

Comment

I have a question related to this: If the original owner was Romanian and placed that award above the Annex medals - how likely is it a Romanian took part in the German annexation of Austria Mar 12, 1938 and Czechoslovakia Mar 15, 1939?

Attached Files

Comment

Could be the ribbons were just mounted in the wrong order or in the order of receipt. Such errors were fairly common.

Comment

AhAhh here I have found one more with same kind of EKII ribbon. So this must have been some sort of variation

From Bunker Militaria:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by militaria.no View Post
                      I have a question related to this: If the original owner was Romanian and placed that award above the Annex medals - how likely is it a Romanian took part in the German annexation of Austria Mar 12, 1938 and Czechoslovakia Mar 15, 1939?

This bar for sure belonged to a GERMAN soldier and just was not mounted in the proper way. Still a nice original bar.

The wrong woven EK-ribbon is only a variation.

Kind regards, Peter

Comment

Look good to me

Comment

Good.
                          The narrow central width ribbon was a wartime variation and shows up on a number of legit. ribbon bars. You can see some in Rick's article and he had a number of them in his collection. The Romanian medal technically should be at the end as noted, but it is not uncommon to see photos of " combat awards go first" medal bars.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X