Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winterschlacht im osten 1941-42

Here my WIO medal. any comment is welcome

Don't mind the numbers on the back, they are for my inventory.

The medal looks fine but PLEASE don't stick labels on your medals

Ian

Comment

Definitely remove the label as it will remove the finish when it comes off. It's better to use a string tag to tie it to the medal or put it in a labeled envelope or pouch.

It is an original and fine looking medal. Is there a number in the ring to identify the maker?
      Dale

Comment

Hi Nick

Looks like a nice Ostfront to me as well

I agree with the others. I used to buy stuff from a dealer long ago that used stickers on medals & stuff but I removed the stickers on most of the medals/badges but forgot it on tinnies. Now, it seems the adhesive has bonded to the finish and would probably damage it if I tried to remove the label and residue. Here is the back of a more recent addition with
        label residue

Regards

JC
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the comments, the labels are removed hahaha
          There is a marking on the ring, but I can't see what it is. 2 little dots/points or 99, I can't make anything out of it.

Comment

It looks like only part of the numbers made it on the ring. I'm not sure, but it looks like it could be a 24, 44 or even 88, but better closeups using the macro function would help. Either way, glad you removed the stickers!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X