No announcement yet.

Azad Hind Breast Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for posting Ron. Of course I knew there would be nobody able to answer my question even though many were wondering the same thing. If there is anyone with any other variations please post yours too.

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
      Thanks for posting Ron. Of course I knew there would be nobody able to answer my question even though many were wondering the same thing. If there is anyone with any other variations please post yours too.
      The Azad Hind being authorized until 1961 is considered "original" up to that date, with Souval being the sole maker of these awards.
      The type of hardware can't be found on pre 1945 made Azad Hind awards. This pin hardware is a typical early post war product used by St&L as well as Souval from the early 1950's up until the mid 1960's.
      The quality of the star is indeed fine but also typical for all other "earlier" post war made products by Souval or St&L. Just for the fun of it, I will start a new post and show the enamaled 1st class Azad Hind Neck Cross. Also a post '45 product, but hardly showing any quality differences compared to a wartime made piece.

Regards,
      Alex

Comment

Originally posted by RonR View Post
        Alex, Lovely medal and beautiful photography.

I believe this is a period example.........

Ron,

Thanks for showing your fine period made stars. The cases are wonderful.

Regards,
        Alex

Comment

Originally posted by RonR View Post
          The badge with out swords.........
          Another beauty, Ron.

Best regards,
          Tom
          Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Alex and Tom,

Thank you!

Here is a cased 2nd Class with swords.....

Attached Files
            RonR

Comment

Attached Files
              RonR

Comment

Attached Files
                RonR

Comment

Thanks alex, if one looks up azad Hind on Wikipedia, it states that the government was primarily supported politically by Japan due to the support for Japan's take over from the British . So this leads me into another question that obviously comes into play at this point, and that is , if Japan is the sole supporter, why wouldn't Japan have made medals for the Azad Hind ? OF course there is speculation in books as to if any awards were actually produced in the period they were active, which was only a few years at best.
                  I have found in frustration looking online for photos has yielded for me many different designs varying from the two versions shown in this thread. And beautiful as these awards here are, one still wonders about this dissident groups awards as to if they even had time to create them or the dies to produce such awards. But this is just my train of thought the more I focus on the azad hind the more I wonder on the awards authorized for the rank and file in their organization.
                  The uniforms do have a German style and their patches are bevo weave in many instances but the Japanese influence as the main supporter for the cause still makes me wonder why if the Japanese made Ic 's for them, why not these awards too?
                  Again thanks for the response Alex.

Comment

Really nice awards guys ! Souval sure knew how to make a quality award, those cases look great to , I especially like the brown ones with the Souval imprint on the fabric !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X