ScapiniMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collection of 14 medals, IAB, Panzer PAB, U-boat, Krim shield, destroyer badge- help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collection of 14 medals, IAB, Panzer PAB, U-boat, Krim shield, destroyer badge- help!

Hi all,

Just picked these up when I was buying a magazine collection! No idea which ones are original/reproduction but I am assuming there are a few decent ones in the lot. If anyone could point out the glaring fakes I would appreciate it- the destroyer badge has been denazified with the pin missing, but the other badges appear to be in decent condition. A 2nd pattern luft belt and police belt were also in the group.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Here is my guess,...IAB,PAB, Uboot and Zerstorer are bad. Zerstorer might have a chance but it highly wornout.
    PABs are also tricky solets wait for the others.

Comment

The EKII, KVKIImS, Ost Medaille and Imperial 12 year Service Medal all look fine to me.

I can't comment on the others except to say that most are really ugly and I would be surprised if they were real.

Ian

Comment

How about posting them in the proper sub forums?

Chet
        Zinc stinks!

Comment

Hi Chet,

Just did that with the Krim shield and will with the other badges, thought it would be a good idea to put them all under general awards to show the group!

Cheers!

Comment

Hi guys,

Maybe this sounds a bit crazy, but I think all of the items pictured here stand a good chance of being original. I am not ready to dismiss any of them as fakes at this time. It would help, though, to see better pictures of the IAB, PAB, U-boat, and Destroyer.

As I see it, and as Ian says, the 1939 EK2, 1939 KVK2X, Russian Front, and Prussian 12-Year Long Service Medal all look good. The Krim Shield is also a good one, as is the Assmann RAD insignia, the Werkschutz stickpin, the 1935 NSKOV Treffen Oldenburg tinnie, and the Obersignalsmaat sleeve insignia. I also like the blue stickpin with the eagle and KMW. I'm not exactly sure what that one is, but possibly for the Kriegsmarinewerft in Wilhemshaven.

The Luftwaffe belt and buckle looks good, and so does the Police buckle and tab.

The Infantry Assault Badge looks good and appears to be of the Friedrich Linden design.

The A.S. Panzer Assault badge also looks good, but heavily patinated, worn, and beat up on the front.

The U-boat looks a mess, but I think it stands a chance of being an original of the Otto Schickle design. It looks heavily worn, corroded, and also like it was poorly stored or ground recovered. It looks like it is still caked with earth/sediment that has filled in the segmented arms of the swastika.

The Destroyer Badge looks to me like a good Schwerin, only heavily patinated, de-nazified, and missing the pin.

Best regards,
            Tom
            Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

All original pieces IMO

Regards Thomas

Comment

Good

I think the two Toms' summed it up pretty good. My opinion as well
                Steve

Comment

I was thinking everything good with perhaps only the uboot being bad but as Tom said it could very well just be in terrible condition.

I think you made a very nice haul!!!
                  -Brian

Comment

I can't see the PAB well enough to be sure, though I think it stands a chance. A straight frontal shot would help to be sure. It looks like the AS maker mark didn't fully take.
                    Dale

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the info! Here are a few better pictures of the panzer badge, it appears there is a "1 " on the reverse but I think as Dale said it wasn't fully stamped. The U-boat badge seems heavily worn but I can see a glimmer of gold color on the reverse- he may have got it off the same guy as the other Kriegsmarine pin and cloth badge.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Discostu View Post
                        Here are a few better pictures of the panzer badge, it appears there is a "1 " on the reverse but I think as Dale said it wasn't fully stamped.
                        Hello again,

Yes! If you look closely you can see that almost the entire A.S. mark is discernible, only very faint.
                        Attached Files
                        Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Here is a well-struck specimen with a very clear maker A.S. marking:
                          Attached Files
                          Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Thanks Tom and everyone else who helped! I had no idea it was that variant, will look for more in future!

Cheers

Comment

All items are original.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X