Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAK Medal for review

Hello,

I am selling this DAK medal. What type is it? Is 220 dollars a fair price for it?

Paul
    Attached Files

Good morning Paul, I believe it is a Type 4 by Antonio's classification. Is there an engraving below the Nile crocodile that says 'De Marchis' ? You can just about make it out on mine ..

I'll leave it for others to comment on the value but I normally see them around €110 on dealer's sites whatever that is in $.

Cheers, Ian.
    Last edited by Ian Hulley; 08-24-2015, 02:58 AM.

Comment

I agree, from the pictures looks a type 4. They usually go, as Ian pointed out, between 80-90 and 120 euro.

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
      - THE SS TK RING
      - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
      - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
      - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Hello all, good inputs and agree on the price. At shows I see these anywhere from $90-$120.

My only concern was that there might not be an engraver, hence not Type 4. Perhaps it's the photo but the details on the reverse like the loop at bottom look really soft.

Thank you
        Scott

Comment

Thank you for the information. I will have to wait to update the price on the Estand until the three day period is over. :-( .

Thank you all again!

Paul

Comment

Ian

'De Marchis' is under the crocodile on mine too... it is very hard to see, but it is clear with a magnifying glass. I am going to get my wife to break out the "good camera" after dinner to take a photo. I cannot with my phone camera.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by PaulR View Post
              Ian

'De Marchis' is under the crocodile on mine too... it is very hard to see, but it is clear with a magnifying glass.
              Good Type 4 Paul.

If I didn't already have one I would have snapped this up by now.

Ian.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X