Question - SS Polizei Division and Romanian Anti Communism Medal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question - SS Polizei Division and Romanian Anti Communism Medal

Quick question.....would those in the SS Polizei Division have been awarded the Romanian Anti Communism medal?

Thanks

They were in Yugoslavia and Romania in October. And November 1944 , they did more anti partizan activities than fighting communists, so at first impression I would. Say I doubt it , but anything is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
      They were in Yugoslavia and Romania in October. And November 1944 , they did more anti partizan activities than fighting communists, so at first impression I would. Say I doubt it , but anything is possible.
      I thought the award was intended to be for Romanians fighting Communism or in the German's case fighting Communism along side Romanian units ?

You'd have to check the deployment of the 'SS-Polizei Division' to see whether they complied or not.

Ian

Comment

The medal was issued by the Romanian government to those who fought on the Eastern Front, including Romania 's allies which would be Germany. The SS Polizei Division fought in the east as it was part of Army Group North during Barbarossa and it was involved in other actions against the Soviets during the latter part of the war.

Does or did this qualify the members of the division to therefore wear the Romanian Anti Communism Medal? Or was the medal only awarded to units who served in a particular area in the east or to those who participated in particular battles with the Soviets?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X