My 2 New Ribbon Bars & A Question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 2 New Ribbon Bars & A Question....

Just picked these up on the Estand (Thanks again Brian!), & I was wondering what the last ribbon on the bottom bar was (red w/light blue stripes & siler swords).

I found 2 likely canidates, but I'm not sure if these match the other ribbon combinations or not.

They are:

1. The Grand Duchy of Hesse
    Order of Philip the Magnanimous

or

2. The Romanian
    Order of the Star of Romania

Any thoughts?

Also, if anyone has any extra 1939 EK2 ribbon devices, let me know as I need a couple to replace the ones that are missing on these.
    Attached Files
    Regards,
    Chris

Always interested in buying Ribbon Bars or anything Ribbon Bar related!!

Chris-

Great bars!!!

You are right on the last bar with #2. It's the The Romanian
    Order of the Star on the ribbon of the Bravery Medal.

Best,
    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Brian R
      Chris-

Great bars!!!

You are right on the last bar with #2. It's the The Romanian
      Order of the Star on the ribbon of the Bravery Medal.

Best,
      Brian
      Yes, i agree. Due to its position its something foreign, so its the Order of the Star.

Nice bars

best,
      Gerd

Comment

Thanks guys, I thought this the most logical, but wasn't 100% sure.

And thanks again Brian, I've already located 1 spange!
        Regards,
        Chris

Comment

niiice finds!!! How this stuff is turning around. Yeeears ago they were in my collection.

For the last, a knights cross of the Romanian Crown order would also be possible. I´m not sure if the Star was awarded on the Ribbon for Bravery.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Daniel- Wow!

So these were in your collection at one time, it is a small world isn't it!

Were the Spanges missing on them when you had them?
            Would you happen to know any info on the original recipient or any history of these bars??

I'd love to be able to find some history on this indavidual, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be a shot in the dark.

I am thrilled to have these in my collection though & I've already come up w/one replacement spange. All I need is one more.

Here's one restored to it's original glory!
            Attached Files
            Regards,
            Chris

Comment

Hi,

I´m sure some devices were missing as I had it years ago.
              There is a very little chance for an ID since all ribbons are quite usual; just the combo is interesting.

You have a very young Officer in WW1, not more than Lt/ 1st Lt, earned EK and Austrian MMC.
              If both golden eagles are legit he continued in Weimar time in the Reichsheer or Landespolizei; but I think the shorter bar with gold/silver eagles for 12 years fits more and he was a recalled or E Officer in 1935.
              The silver swords on the Romanian ribbon indicates just a knights cross so I would think he was not more then Captain or fresh promoted Major as he received it. If he did not die before 1945 I´m sure he made LtCol or Col.

Best regards
              Daniel

Comment

Thank you so much for the info Daniel, it's a big help.

I noticed that the smaller bar has 12 & 4 year, and the longer bar has 25 & 12 year. I guess he didn't update for the 18 & 4.

Also I noticed that the Afrika ribbon on the long bar is on backwards.

Interesting to see period mistakes like this.
                Regards,
                Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X