Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ostmedaille help

Hello gentlemen,

I have come across this ostmedaille and was wondering if you guys wouldn't mind helping me identify it as good or a fake, the only thing throwing me off is the newness of the ring that supports the ribbon it has no maker mark yet the packet being sold with it does. Any help or things to look for would be amazing!

Thanks gentlemen,

Medal is good. The ribbon ring is made from a different material so thats why it looks newer. The medal is made of zink and the ribbon ring is most likely made of iron (try a magnet on it).

/peter

Comment

Originally posted by VonPeter View Post
      Medal is good. The ribbon ring is made from a different material so thats why it looks newer. The medal is made of zink and the ribbon ring is most likely made of iron (try a magnet on it).

/peter
      Hello VonPeter,

Thanks for helping out I did try a magnet and it stuck but the medal part did not. Is the ring period as it looked fairly shiny and new with no marker marks.

Comment

Originally posted by Beattie-B View Post
        Is the ring period as it looked fairly shiny and new with no marker marks.
        That's precisely due to the difference with the characteristic "tarnished" look of zinc (the medal itself), nothing to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasalom View Post
          That's precisely due to the difference with the characteristic "tarnished" look of zinc (the medal itself), nothing to worry about.
          Thanks Rasalom, to me it looked like someone just replaced the ring with a key-chain ring here's a picture.

PS Can anyone give me a green light on the package at all?

*Edit* Just checked maker marks page and it shows mm 9 to be (Liefergemeinschaft Pforzheimer Schmuckhandwerker) Meanwhile Deschler and Sohn is mm 1? can anybody explain this or does it certify the packet to be a fake?

*Edit 2 * I'm finding a lot of Deschler and Sohn 9 ostmedaille packets are these flooded fakes or the real deal?

Last edited by Beattie-B; 02-27-2014, 10:19 PM.

Comment

It looks like an original matching set, but to be sure a picture of the back side is needed.

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
            - THE SS TK RING
            - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
            - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
            - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Antonio Scapini View Post
              It looks like an original matching set, but to be sure a picture of the back side is needed.
              The backside, Antonio do you have a book in the works on these medals?

All the best

Comment

The medal is a Deumer, so it is a matching set.
                There's a book by Sascha Weber about the Ost medals. There are some mistakes on it but Sascha made a great work no one ever made before. I suggest you to buy it if you are looking for an Ost medal reference book. Too bad it is only in german.

My books:

- THE SS TK RING
                - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Hi guys!

Medal looks good. But this is not Deumer.

Best regards, Vladimir.

Comment

Haha round and round we go. The biggest question is it a matching set or not? I ended up picking it up as it was a deal to good to pass up.

Comment

Looking at these photos is very difficult to answer your question. Compare with mine.
                      <iframe src="https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=EDD60B74A72CC72C&resid=EDD60B74A72CC72C% 21839&authkey=AGnIhat-KSyQg_Y" width="239" height="319" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe><iframe src="https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=EDD60B74A72CC72C&resid=EDD60B74A72CC72C% 21840&authkey=AOfTHHSlWpxhHUQ" width="239" height="319" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
                      <iframe src="https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=EDD60B74A72CC72C&resid=EDD60B74A72CC72C% 21838&authkey=ALVNH0R3B0LdwIY" width="189" height="319" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe><iframe src="https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=EDD60B74A72CC72C&resid=EDD60B74A72CC72C% 21841&authkey=AI43B1MRkFYwcww" width="181" height="319" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Best regards, Vladimir.

Comment

Sorry, I wrote Deumer but I made a mistake, as it is obviously a Deschler.
                        But it is a matching set as I wrote (so the medals mus be a Deschler if it is a matching set!).

My books:

- THE SS TK RING
                        - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X