Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Wound Badge, Protection for the future

Howdy,

Black wound badge, typical rust of obverse and reverse. How do you suggest stopping the process and protecting for the future. I have used a little break-free to clean and seal the metal.

What do you folks do, or do you just leave them to let nature take it's course?

Greg

Obverse

Comment

Reverse

Comment

I think the rust shows better on the reverse when I dont tidy the pic up in photoshop....
        Attached Files

Comment

Personally, I'd leave it as is .. I like the "been there, done that" look. Besides, any preservation may leave some ???? to others down the road.

These are not that expensive anyway, so it's not like you are preserving a Knights Cross or a DKiG.

But that's just MO. Others probably disagree

Comment

I had some rust on the core of the EK2 and used some of this and it did a nice job, seems to me I bought it at Crappy Tire
            Attached Files

Comment

I have to go to Canadian Tire for a tail light bulb tomorrow anyways, I'll pick some of this up while I am there and give it a shot.

Thanks

Greg

Comment

I think the best thing is just putting it in a low humidity box. The rust will stop and should not start again.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X