Gentlmen,

For your consideration.....

Reverse

Originally posted by Michael Everett
    Gentlmen,

For your consideration.....
    REVERSE PHOTO

Comment

I recently visted the exact building where these bars were made.

You appear to have a very nice quality bar.

Here's an example of mine.
      Attached Files

Comment

Maedal Bar

MARCUS,

Thank you. I find it very in teresting that you were able to visit the former offices of this firm. What is in the building today?

Seems to have been a very large distributor of Third Reich decorations. I have also see a Spanish Cross marked by this firm.

I would like to 'open this up' and see if any other collectors have items marked from Sedlatzek.

Attached is yet another medal bar in my collection.

MIKE
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mike,

Of course during the war this area was hit badly buy the bombing and what was left has been buit to a 'pre-war style and a mixture of modernish buildings. But it still retains that old ambience of what once was.

This district is still predominantly the 'homoexual' area of Berlin, as it was pre-war also !

It's now a mixture of antique shops and small walk by not really noticing what they are shop's.

The building that our bars were put together in is a jeweller come junk shop with what appears to be residential apartments above. It was a three storey building I'm sure, of course this had to be the day I didn't have my camera with me.

The entrance if I remember this one correctly was really nothng special and was very small to what I expected.

Forum member Skip may be able to elaborate more as he was with me also.

I'll be back there in Jan, so I'll take a picture of this building.

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Hi, just received some additional info to that bar:

It belonged to an officer named NEEF
            originally in Württemberg Pionier Bataillon 13

ernannt Leutnant 28.11.14 (indicating he was an August 1914 war volunteer probably, retroactive seniority from commissioning in 1916) but his Reichsheer seniorit6y as Leutnant was 1.9.15 #279

He was NOT in the 1.1.1919 Seniority List, so apparently lost some time and seniority leaving the service and then returning-- hence "18" and not "25" long services.

He was also not in the 1928 Reichsheer List-- almost always a sign of "discharge" (they got their full time credit and seniority back afterwards) of secret air training in the Soviet Union. He had switched to the INFANTRY by 1924.

Major 1.1.37 #91 and second in command of the Rohstoffabteilung ("W Ro") of the OKW in January 1939.

Oberst 1.2.42 #109a as of May 1944.

VERY strangely, he did not make General, or recieve either German Crosses or the Knight's Cross so his first name remains a mystery to me.

He was probably wounded (1918 BWB along with both EKs, the WF3bX, and TH) end of 1916/early 1917 since the April 1917 Home Establishment List of the stellv. XIII. AK shows him in the Ersatz/Pio 13-- usually a sign of a recuperating front line officer's temporary recovery duty.

Very nice set-- makes me wonder what he was ACTUALLY doing in WW2!!!!

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

It looks very similar with my Spange... with the exception of the KVK 2. Kl. mit X! Very nice and complete with ribbon bar and case.

@Daniel: how could find the bar's owner and so much info about him? Did someone tell the name of the träger? Amazing, because it isn't such an uncommon combination of decoration.

Ciao,

Claudio

My Spange
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X