1936 Olympic Medal - More Advice Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1936 Olympic Medal - More Advice Needed

About a year ago I asked for advice on buying a 1936 Olympic Medal, and if it was proper for it to not be magnetic. The conclusion of the thread was that it may be OK for it to be non-magnetic, but not the norm. Thank you. I never did buy the medal because it was not magnetic. I'm back hunting again for one and looking for some advice on what to look for to ensure originality. I'm hoping the experts can help with these rookie questions. I'd buy a book if one were available, but don't think there is on this subject. I know that buying from a reputable collector is safer, but I'd like to also learn.

1. Magnetic / non-magnetic was answered in the other thread.
    2. Is there a proper weight that these medals?
    3. What are some of the tell-tale signs of a fake?
    4. Are the rings marked or an indicator of originality in some way?
    5. Any other advice?

By coincidence, I see a thread posted today with exactly the quality of medal I'd like to locate.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=705415

What is the value in USD of a 1936 Olympic Medal like the one in this thread?

Thank you,

Hello

While perusing the Medals badges for sale thread on this forum earlier I noticed one for sale. You can check the ones here for sale or try doing a search with (any date) option for a plethora of info related to your quest.
    Good luck and happy hunting.
    Pete

Comment

Pete, thanks. The only one I saw for sale is not the type I'm looking to buy. Maybe I'm not looking in the fight place. The link in my first post is the kind I want to buy.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X