Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reproduction Medal Bars

Hi guys,

I posted this in the Imperial section, but figured I should also post it here for TR enthusiasts.

I Just saw this three-placer up on ebay today. When I first saw this it caused me to do a double-take as it had a buy-it-now price of only $95. With a closer look, though, it is obviously a reproduction and is being sold as such. Still, the quality of the medals is pretty good as is the assembly in general.

Best regards,
    Tom
    Attached Files
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Another reproduction three-placer. Not even the Hindenburg Crosses on these bars are original. Everything is newly-made. I believe these are being made in China.
    Attached Files
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Michael Wittmann's ribbon bar anyone?????
      Attached Files
      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

made in China ribbon bar
        Attached Files
        Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Thank Tom for this update, I think we will see very soon on the market some of them artificially aged and ready to fool collectors...

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
          - THE SS TK RING
          - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
          - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
          - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Tom. Always good to know these things.

Wayne

Comment

Fake Hindenburg Cross

Millions of original Hindenburg Crosses out there for cheap and yet they still find it necessary to duplicate them.
              Attached Files
              Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Here's one I had made earlier. Complete fantasy piece.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thank you so much, Tom! The only way we can avoid these is to continually update one another on the latest and greatest creations being made here in the states, and beyond. Your efforts here are greatly appreciated by the community!

Best,

J-

Comment

I think some of these are already on some prominent dealer sites. This thread could be a good index.

-Ray-

Comment

Originally posted by tyanacek View Post
                      Millions of original Hindenburg Crosses out there for cheap and yet they still find it necessary to duplicate them.
                      I just bought an identical medal for €7 with a 20% discount delivered to the UK from Germany ... €5.60

Ian

Comment

They are doing the same with 57er medals as the KvK above shows. These will be dangerous indeed. These are not the fakes of a few years ago, but top notch lookalikes. Keen eyes will still pick them as fakes, but lots won't. I'll wager that the next crop of RKs will be even better.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X