Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medal bar w/ 12 & 25 year LS

Hello,
    I got this medal bar from a colleague almost 20 years ago and have never had anyone look at it. I'm pretty sure it's original, but just wanted to be sure. I would assume because of the 1897 medal that this would have been a very long serving soldier and most likely an NCO because of the lack of higher awards in WW1.
    Dale
    Attached Files

a
    Attached Files

Comment

b
      Attached Files

Comment

c
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dale,

Looks really nice. Probably assembled in 1936, when this guy would have swapped out his Imperial long service decorations for the Third Reich counterparts. He was still on active duty at the time but he may have retired shortly thereafter. If he was still active by the middle of 1939 you would expect to see him sporting the 40-year oakleaves on the ribbon of his 25-year long service cross, provided that he had no unbroken service time and assuming he would have bothered to upgrade his bar.

Almost certainly the bar of a Prussian senior NCO and quite possibly bumped up to the rank of Leutnant außer Dienst for retirement.

Best regards,
          Tom
          Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Hi Dale

This is a beautiful medal bar. The Centenary Medal should actually be after the long service awards but period mistakes did often happen.

I would be happy to own this piece.

Kind regards
            Pierce

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

I don't know the most part of the medals mounted on the bar, however I like the bar!

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
                - THE SS TK RING
                - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
                - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
                - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Id be inclined to guess ex-officer myself. 60ish ex NCOs were not often some of those initially recalled in 1935/36/37 .......whereas the officers were.
                  I'd bet Prussian artillery officer myself, Aspirant in 1897 maybe, discharged in 1919 ...recalled to his old career in 1935 as a Major...but hey, who knows?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X