8'er medal bar for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8'er medal bar for review

What do you think of this? I don't think it's from a dodgy Austrian source like my last one for review.
    Attached Files

Reverse. The hardware and ribbon configuration seem good?
    Attached Files

Comment

Medals. Can only post one pic at a time.
      Attached Files

Comment

Reverse.....
        Attached Files

Comment

And more....
          Attached Files

Comment

Last. I posted here due to Olympic medal. I believe the order of the medals is acceptable from what I have seen...
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks fine to me.

Wayne

Comment

Looks fine to me too, I'm not sure only about the back cloth, seems were used 2 different wires to attach it to the bar. But wait for more expert opinions as these medal bars are not my field.

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
                - THE SS TK RING
                - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
                - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
                - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I took the chance and now own this bar so if any more photos can be of help, I can get them.

I do like the bar, it has a good 'feeling', if that makes sense.

Comment

Hello,

I like this bar too. It has a great look and it certainly appears to be a legitimate assembly. I do find it odd, though, that there is no kind of long service decoration on the bar. With service going back to at least 1897 (indicated by the Kaiser Centenary Medal) and wartime service in WW1, you would think that this guy would have rated some Imperial Prussian long service decoration. Maybe he had a lot of broken service time? Of course, the Kyffhäuserbund Medal should not be present since that medal was superseded by the Hindenburg Cross in 1934. Still, many chose to ignore the regulation and continued to wear some Weimar Period commemorative medals. This guy probably wanted to beef up his medal bar by continuing to wear the Kyffhäuserbund Medal and by applying for the WW1 commemorative medals for Hungary and Bulgaria. The Commemorative Medal for the 1936 Olympic Games really makes this bar.

Best regards,
                    Tom
                    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

I vote aye too and the bar makes sense for a Berlin street cop of @ 60 years of age.

There was an 18 month+ gap between the promulgation of the HKx and the banning of Vets' medals as part of the Nazi amalgamation of these (potentially oppositional) groups into the SA Reserve ......and they clamped down hard after the Roehm Putsch, when a number of these group's more prominent members were executed as "plotters".

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X