Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spanish Blue Division Medal

Hi all,

I have heard that these medals are fairly common. Is that true? How does this one stack up?

Hi Darrell, these are not considered common. Yours looks OK to me, with the finish wearing off the zinc. The ring marking is what I would expect to see. I would have liked to see a cleaner finish with no "flash" around the suspension ring but I think that is just due to bad finishing off?

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
      Hi Darrell, these are not considered common. Yours looks OK to me, with the finish wearing off the zinc. The ring marking is what I would expect to see. I would have liked to see a cleaner finish with no "flash" around the suspension ring but I think that is just due to bad finishing off?

Cheers, Ade.
      Adrian,

Thanks. Maybe I was thinking of another medal ... well nice to know it's not a commoner anyway

Comment

Thanks for starting this thread. I have the same medal as you with the same maker mark of "1" How many different makers are there of this medal?

Thanks
        Paul Reck

Comment

Originally posted by PaulMedic
          Thanks for starting this thread. I have the same medal as you with the same maker mark of "1" How many different makers are there of this medal?

Thanks
          Paul Reck
          As far as I can make out ... there were two versions of this medal .. the German manufactured Bronzed Zinc with maker's mark, and the Spanish manufactured Bronzed medal one that was of poor quality.

Not sure if there were other maker marks other than "1".

Comment

Hi guys,

I just checked my Spanish Blue medal and mine does not have a maker mark. What do you guys think about this on? Also, I think I remember reading one time that there was only about 20,000 Spanish troops " on loan " to the Germans in the east. I'm not 100% sure about that figure but there definately has to be less of these than the Ost medal.

thanks, Brian
            Attached Files

Comment

Reverse
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X