The Marshals Baton Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sepp45 View Post
    General Patch showing the baton of Reichmarschall Göring, 1945.
    I got to hold this is my hands years ago. Tom

Comment

Well, finally we know what happened to the baton awarded to Erwin Rommel: in 2001 his son, Manfred, presented it (among other things) to the "estate of Germany", according to the caption in the photo.

"Am 12. Oktober 2001 gibt Manfred Rommel den Nachlass des Vaters in die Obhut des Landes, auch die Totenmaske von Erwin Rommel."
      Attached Files

Comment

GFM Wilhelm List holding his daily-walk baton.
        Attached Files

Comment

Großadmiral Karl Dönitz
          Attached Files

Comment

How did that little pussy ever get to be a GrandAdmiral? His braid weighs more than he does!

Comment

Originally posted by ethreecee;6376430[I
              ]How did that little pussy ever get to be a GrandAdmiral? His braid weighs more than he does!
              [/I]

Well, to people who matter, brains mean much more than brawn.

Steve
              ~ The true test of a democracy is how well it protects the rights of its least popular citizens. ~

~ Never cross swords with an unworthy opponent. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ethreecee View Post
                How did that little pussy ever get to be a GrandAdmiral? His braid weighs more than he does!
                Probably for the same reason Hitler appointed him to be the new leader in the final days.

Comment

He was a far more competent Field Marshal than many of the others appointed by Hitler: Keitel, Milch, Busch, Raeder... to name a few.

And I think calling someone "pussy" isn't the correct way. Just saying

Comment

And what have you achieved in life??

Comment

Okay. I am convinced!
                      Attached Files

Comment

He was a far more competent Field Marshal than many of the others appointed by Hitler: Keitel, Milch, Busch, Raeder... to name a few.

And I think calling someone "pussy" isn't the correct way. Just saying
                        Well yes, I met the "Old Man" as he was called and I was very impressed ! Tom

Comment

The Interimsstab of Großadmiral Karl Dönitz sold by Hermann-Historica in 2004.
                          Attached Files

Comment

The Interimsstab of Großadmiral Karl Dönitz sold by Hermann-Historica in 2004.
                            Beautiful !!! Tom

Comment

Well, at last.. a final confirmation! Erwin Rommel's baton is stored at the Haus der Geschichte Baden-Württemberg Museum in Stuttgart, Germany. I didn't have a name of the place before, but now we do.

Some footage of the baton that belonged to the famous Desert Fox!

The person in the pictures is Dr. Cornelia Hecht, curator of the museum.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Engravings on the sides.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 40 users online. 0 members and 40 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X