Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any red flags here?

Hi Guys,

This is a lot of medals which looks promising to me. Some look like they are from a sample board. Unfortunately, this is the only photo I have. Are there any obvious red flags here? As always, very grateful for all opinions.

Many thanks for looking and for your views.

Best regards,

Guy
    Attached Files

Very hard to say for sure with this pic only. The KVK:s look denazified? I see a KVK II with pinback ? The social welfare medals has the wrong ribbon.

//Thomas

Comment

Something looks good, but it is really impossible to tell if these pieces are good or not from this photo only.

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
      - THE SS TK RING
      - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
      - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
      - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Hello Guy,

I agree with your assessment. The stuff does look "promising." I have a good feeling about almost everything here and believe that it is original period pieces. The only thing I question is the Krim Shield. It could be real too, but the picture is just not good enough. Both Narvik Shields look like originals by Wilhelm Deumer. I believe you are right about the majority, if not all of this stuff being from sample boards by Deumer.

Best regards,
        Tom
        Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger88 View Post
          The social welfare medals has the wrong ribbon.
          Seeing the Social Welfare Medals with the incorrect ribbons is not a concern for me. It is actually just another indication that these pieces were removed from Deumer display boards. It is not at all unusual to see medals with incorrect ribbons on Deumer display boards. When these boards were put together, the factory would use whatever scraps of ribbon they had on hand, if the correct ribbon was not available.

Here is a Deumer display board. Notice that the Social Welfare Medal (blue circle) on this board is also suspended from a ribbon bar width ribbon for the Austrian Annexation Medal. Also note the Westwall Medal (green arrow). Although the ribbon looks similar to a Westwall ribbon, it is actually a miniature width ribbon for the Life Saving Medal.

Best regards,
          Tom
          Attached Files
          Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Thanks Tom, Antonio and Thomas - really appreciate your comments. My take on the KVKII is that it is not a pin back but missing its suspension ring. If the price is right, I'll try to get these, my hunch is most of them are good and most likely from a board.

Many thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by ancientrelicsuk View Post
              My take on the KVKII is that it is not a pin back but missing its suspension ring.
              I agree! The bronze KVK2X has the eyelet intact, but the suspension ring is missing. I don't think any of the KVKs are de-nazified either. They are certainly present on the zinc KVK1 and the zinc KVK1X.

Good luck on obtaining this lot. If you are successful, please show us some better pictures.

Best regards,
              Tom
              Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X