Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ostmedal "L15"

Hi guys!

I didn't post this one in my other thread, because I'm really interested in Your opinion concerning the maker-mark "L15".
    I know, Dietrich Maerz (and many others) says (and has good arguments), that EK's with this maker-mark are 99% post-war made (are just assembled). But does this also mean that "Ostmedals" too are postwar???

Please let me know Your opinion!

Kind regards, Peter
    Attached Files

Maker-mark-detail:
    Attached Files

Comment

Nothing wrong with that Peter. It's a good one.

Chet
      Zinc stinks!

Comment

Yes Chet, that's my opinion too... But look at the EK-Forum: it is clearly told there, that there is NO maker-mark "L15", only "15" or "L/15" are excepted...

Kind regards, Peter

Comment

Yes Peter, the "L/15" Ost medals were doubtuful medals, and with a lot of argumentations today are considered from post war production.

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
          - THE SS TK RING
          - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
          - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
          - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Hi Antonio!

Despite the discussion about the EK I... If You look at this medal: would You also have concerns, if there was NO maker mark on the ring?
            This medal came from the estate of the grandfather of a friend (together with his EK II, IAB in silver, wound badge in black. No comradeship badges.)
            Why should this medal be postwar?

Kind regards, Peter

Comment

Originally posted by peterm View Post
              Hi Antonio!

Despite the discussion about the EK I... If You look at this medal: would You also have concerns, if there was NO maker mark on the ring?
              This medal came from the estate of the grandfather of a friend (together with his EK II, IAB in silver, wound badge in black. No comradeship badges.)
              Why should this medal be postwar?

Kind regards, Peter
              Peter, lots of items came from friends of a father who's brother knew someone. It could have been added at anytime from anyplace.

Comment

I agree with Darrel, no one can knows when the medal was added to the group, maybe from the vet himself in '50 or '60, or from his son... Hard to tell.
                We should judge the items only just as they are, not for the story behind.

I suggest you to read the last book of S. Weber, there are 4 pages about the L15 Ostmedal, and why it is considered post war.

That's my thought, the L15 mm is like the L/58 for Souval, for the post war production.

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
                - THE SS TK RING
                - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
                - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
                - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Hi Darrell and Antonio!

This soldier's familiy was in my neighborhood from my birthday on. His grandson went to school with me and at this time was my best friend. That's the reason I got the medals from his grandfather. I know that this ist NOT some kind of evidence.

But there is still my question: Would You call this medal POST-WAR, if there were NO maker-mark on the ring???

Kind regards, Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X