Post Your Sales Sample Boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for your response. I have already posted pictures of both the Narvik and Krim Shields in separate threads. Check them out. I agree with you that these boards were not put together at the end of the war for souvenir hunters.
    Best regards! Tom
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank H
      Dear Tom,

Looking at the size of some of the shoulder board numbers, I think it could very well be a collar tab Panzer skull.

As I am currently researching the GAB, I guess you never found a GAB on one of your Deumer sample boards? I have no indication whatsoever that a Deumer GAB existed, but I am just asking out of curiosity.
      Hello Frank,
      Thanks for the info on the Panzer skull. In answer to your question about the General Assault Badge, I have never seen a General Assault Badge mounted to a Deumer Sales Sample Board. I have seen many examples of these boards first hand over the years. I have never seen one with a Panzer Badge or Infantry Badge either. I have seen several Deumer boards with the Close Combat Clasp, KM Destroyer Badge, and Minesweeper Badge. Pascal seen one recently with the U-boat Badge.
      Best regards! Tom
      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Thanks Tom,

Sorry I missed those threads, need to pay more attention! Well there is the proof positive!!
        Best,
        Patrick

Comment

Thanks, Tom. We knew Deumer made no PABs or GABs, but just wanted to make sure nothing like that turned up on the boards.
          Cheers, Frank

Comment

The one with the U boot is currently for sale at the Collectors Guild if anyone wants to have a look. The CCCs are always AGMuKs on these boards.

Comment

Frank, I'll take a closer look at the skull on my days off. I picked it up from Ltc. Tom Johnson and he had it listed as an early SS jawless visor hat skull. I bought it for the shoulder board devices and never really took a close look at the skull.
              AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

Here's a RAD 12-year Long Service Award which I've long suspected was taken off of just such a board. This thread seems to confirm it. Not only does my example have the same cut to the ribbon, but the ribbon is also misaligned in the ribbon ring as is the one on Tom's board. Further, mine has holes in the top of the ribbon where it was probably attached to the board.
                Attached Files
                George

Comment

Here's a better view of the attaching holes.

I've seen several such 12-year RAD Long Service Awards offered on various dealer sites over the years. I suppose that quite a few of these were removed from boards!
                  Attached Files
                  George

Comment

Hello George,

Thanks for posting those pictures. I agree with your opinion. Without a doubt, that piece was removed from a Sales Sample Board, and most likely one by Deumer. My other sample board by Deumer had the 4 Year RAD Medal mounted on it in the very same manner. Very nice medal, George!
                    Best regards! Tom
                    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Hello to all,
                      Doesn't anyone else have a Sample Board to post? Just as I suspected. They have all been dismantled. Oh well!
                      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

My Duemer board

I got my Duemer board direct from a vet. It came with a duemer factory logo envelope as well. The vet made the little wooden frame it is in. He said he got it from his Lt. who was handing them out. I guess there was more than one handed out.

Dan H
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Dan,

That is a very nice sample board. Thanks for posting. It has some really nice pieces on it. I especially like the Nahkampfspange, Customs Decoration, Fritz Todt Prize, and the EKI Spange.

Best regards,
                          Tom

Also, it looks like your board has the Deumer logo at the upper right corner (partially obstructed by the Westwall Medal). Not all of the boards were marked like that.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Tom Yanacek; 03-10-2008, 08:54 PM.
                          Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

I am reposting my Deumer Sales Sample Board because the original picture disappeared somehow.

Best regards,
                            Tom
                            Attached Files
                            Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

awards sample board

Correct on all accounts. Very valuable, each came in a large envelope similar to the small one show here. The smaller envelope had a list of the awards typed on it. Each card was slightly different. I am afraid that at this time I can not remove the list from the small envelope because some of the envelope sealing gum has attached to the inserted paper. [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Harry/Pictures/mp18/Deumer%20awards.jpg[/IMG]
                              Last edited by Haprink; 04-06-2017, 09:00 AM. Reason: image did not load

Comment

A Deumer and a S&L....

Attached Files
                                RonR

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X