Opinions 25 Yr Service medal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions 25 Yr Service medal

Hello to one and all, I just found a new 25 Yr service cross that will be replacing my old one. Question for you all is this 25 yr cross any good. The only reason I question it is becasue of the Shaddy character who sold me it. A mix of good and bad in his store. I purchased this about 5 yrs ago when I first started and would like to know what you all think.... OR
    Attached Files

Back OR ?

Thanks! Shane.
    Attached Files

Comment

I think it´s ok

Comment

Wow! Thanks Sector that was super fast!

-Shane

Originally posted by Secter
        I think it´s ok

Comment

I agree, perfectly good but you can pick up a minty cased one for really not much money. $50- $60US

oops sorry, just saw your new minty cased one in the other thread! nice piece!

Comment

Thanks to all for the comments and opinions, alwyas good to hear the truth regardless if it is good or bad!!!

-Shane

Originally posted by Patrick W
            I agree, perfectly good but you can pick up a minty cased one for really not much money. $50- $60US

oops sorry, just saw your new minty cased one in the other thread! nice piece!

Comment

100% original medal

Comment

I have one identical to this with a brass color ring and in similar condition - not as nice as your minty one though

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys! Now I know many of you will shoot me for this, however this award appears to have some sort of greasy film or substance all over it. What can I safely use to remove this film/ layer of grease. It almost looks like oil or greasy gunk.

Any opinions?

-Shane

Comment

I would gently clean it with an old toothbrush using warn soapy water and then dry it straight away. That shouldn't result in any damage to your medal and get rid of the gunk. I've done this a load of times and never seen any adverse effects. DO NOT use any abrasive or chemical cleaning agents.

Comment

Patrick, what kind of soap do you use?

Thanks for the advice.

-Shane

Originally posted by Patrick W
                      I would gently clean it with an old toothbrush using warn soapy water and then dry it straight away. That shouldn't result in any damage to your medal and get rid of the gunk. I've done this a load of times and never seen any adverse effects. DO NOT use any abrasive or chemical cleaning agents.

Comment

Shane,

We're getting a bit technical here! Seriously any normal facial soap would be fine it won't hurt your cross just be careful and don't leave it wet.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X