What are these ribbon bars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are these ribbon bars?

I don't know anything about ribbons or ribbon bars...can someone tell me more about these? I got these from the son-in-law of the German soldier to whom these were awarded. His father-in-law was an officer in the 3rd Panzer Division.
    Attached Files

Dave:

The brown one with the eagle device is a 10 yr NSDAP Service Ribbon, meaning he was a member of the Nazi Party. The white one with the green, red and black stripes is the Italian Africa Campaign Ribbion, meaning he had to have spent sometime in the Africa Corps. The one shaped in a bow is the Eastern Winter Campaign (Russian Front) Ribbon, that is were the 3rd Pnzr Div was in 1941-42. The the black one with the red and white stripes is the Oct 1, 1938 Commemorative Ribbon for the return of the Sudetenland to Germany, meaning the recipient was involved somehow in the unification.

John
    Last edited by Market Garden; 08-22-2004, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Market Garden
      The brown one with the eagle device one is an 10 yr NSDAP Service Ribbon, meaning he was a member of the Nazi Party.
      As a side note, for that ribbon, he would have had to have been a uniformed party functionary of some sort. Simple dues paying membership wouldn't have sufficed.

--Chris

P.S.
      David... Could you post a photo of the reverse of these ribbons?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X