Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memel medal autentic?

I think you this MEMEL Medal?

The seller says that it is authentic, but I they do not add up the sizes of the "M" März and Memellandes

Better pictures are needed.

Wayne

Comment

new photos

Comment

Antonio is the master here, but in my opinion this is a copy of the Deumer issue (Straight G, type 4 in Scapini´s article). Look carefully in the back and you´ll find some traces of casting. There is a lack of details easily noticiable when compared with well known TR shamples of this maker.
        Sorry Mariscal (Tendrás que seguir buscando, amigo mío. Un Abrazo)

Comment

memel medaille

Is good o bad this award??[Opps]

Comment

Thanks Gregorio.

It is not for me, it is for a partner of the Mundo Militaria Forum.

As you know I do not collect this type of medals.

For some time, I work only and exclusively to the order of the German Eagle and the German diplomatic service.

Many Thanks Greg

Comment

Looks like the "B" fake to me.
              Collecting minis and KVKs

Comment

Originally posted by Andy B. View Post
                Looks like the "B" fake to me.
                Andy, the "B" is not a fake, you have no proofs to say it's a fake.
                There are instead some evidences that the "B", as you wrote (I call it "Straight G 8" or the "OBC" Memel), is an original coined medal made with the same die used from Steinhauer & Luck.

There are some "B" fakes, but all of them have some "die flaws" over the head of the first man.

There are also other "B" Memels. This third group is the only one I was not able to identify, because these medals have good details but some flaws due to a double coining.

I'm still waiting some proofs to clear this mystery about this third group.

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
                - THE SS TK RING
                - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
                - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
                - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antony.s View Post
                  Andy, the "B" is not a fake, you have no proofs to say it's a fake.
                  There are instead some evidences that the "B", as you wrote (I call it "Straight G 8" or the "OBC" Memel), is an original coined medal made with the same die used from Steinhauer & Luck.

There are some "B" fakes, but all of them have some "die flaws" over the head of the first man.

There are also other "B" Memels. This third group is the only one I was not able to identify, because these medals have good details but some flaws due to a double coining.

I'm still waiting some proofs to clear this mystery about this third group.
                  Ok
                  Collecting minis and KVKs

Comment

Personally I would never buy a B-medal.
                    It would be strange if there were both fakes and good ones with the same enormous die flaw that the B are. I would make sense to me if the were all either fakes or original, not both. And since we know that some B-medels are clearly fakes I stay away from all of them.

Just my personal opinion based on my logic and my gut felling, nothing more.

/peter

Comment

Peter, there are a lot of original medals/badges we know with the die flaws, and this not means they are fakes!
                      If I show you some "B" you will never be able to understand if them are "B" or Steinhauer & Luck.
                      Your reasoning without any proof can be dangerous.

Are you able to understand which is good or bad? And which one is a "B"?
                      If they were fake then it would be easy to recognize them!
                      Attached Files

My books:

- THE SS TK RING
                      - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

second.
                        Attached Files

My books:

- THE SS TK RING
                        - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Last.
                          Attached Files

My books:

- THE SS TK RING
                          - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VonPeter View Post
                            Personally I would never buy a B-medal.
                            It would be strange if there were both fakes and good ones with the same enormous die flaw that the B are. I would make sense to me if the were all either fakes or original, not both. And since we know that some B-medels are clearly fakes I stay away from all of them.

Just my personal opinion based on my logic and my gut felling, nothing more.

/peter
                            I can´t see logic in your logic. Personally, the same reasons drive me to think the "B" medals are goods. Anycase you must decide by your own what is a desiderable item for you and for your collection. If you are not very happy with this issue, don´t buy it, but don´t say it´s no good for this reason.

Comment

Yes, my reasoning without any proof can be dangerous, to me.
                              I know to little about this medals to be sure, thats why if I was going to buy a flower medal I would buy a textbook one and not a B-medal.
                              Thats is for 2 resons:
                              1. I would not fell comfortable with a B-medal since they are being questioned.
                              2. If I was going to sell it later on I may have trouble with that.

If there is good B-medals out there I hope we will find some proof about their originality, so this bebate about them will go away.

But one thing is strange,
                              We know there are fakes with the B. Why would a faker go the extra mile to incorporate a humongous die flaw in his fakes? It would be much easier and safer for him to skip that part. Maybe he knew something we dont?

I recall seeing a mask fake with the B some time ago, I belive it was here on WAF I saw it but unfortunately I cant find it anymore.

But like I said, I have done no reserch and know little about the memelmedals so my opinion is based on what I would and wouldn't feel comfortable with. And there are many people out there who also would stay away from these B-medals. Are we all wrong..? Maybe, maybe not... But I hope we are wrong since that would mean there is more original medals out there. But proof is needed before I would buy one. If that means i´m missing out on good original medals, so be it.

Thanks for your input Antony, your opinions in these memel threds are always interesting to read.
                              And about the pictures, I would skip the dark one with the open 9.

/peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X