Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS 4 Year Medal - Good? Bad?

Your opinions much appreciated!
    Sorry for the poor pics...it's all I have right now.
    Roy
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Roy, this one looks good to me. I am no expert, but do happen to know someone who brought back one of these from Germany in 1945. His is cased and looks just like the one that you have. I like the fact that this has detail, as well as the box. I think that this is a good one, but don't take my word for it. There are a lot of other "experts" out there who know a whole lot more than me about these things. I am a Heer man, not SS. Anyway, I like this item, none the less.

Brian
          Brian Dentino

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR WWII GLIDER INFO/ITEMS...ESPECIALLY 325TH GIR

Comment

i was asked to post two 4 yr ss medals not long ago. the first thread was a fake 4 yr and the second thread a real 4 yr. looking at yours im in favour that its all ok. check my threads if you get chance on 4 yr ss... chris

Comment

The detail is nice, but where is the background pebbling? Is this a low-res scan? Can you post an extreme closeup?

Comment

I see the topic has moved. I put this in the other thread yesterday.

'Roy,

The box is good for sure.

Medal looks OK too, I just think the picture is low resolution so you have lost the detail of the stippling effect that should be in the field areas.'

Comment

Roy,

Further to the above, this is the stipping effect I would expect to see.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Guys,
                    Thank you VERY much for your feedback...it's much appreciated!
                    I was able to get a high resolution scan today, and I think this example may be ok.
                    Any thoughts on value in today's market? (I don't own it yet...I'm thinking of buying it).
                    Thanks again and best regards,
                    Roy
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RKHunter
                      Guys,
                      Thank you VERY much for your feedback...it's much appreciated!
                      I was able to get a high resolution scan today, and I think this example may be ok.
                      Any thoughts on value in today's market? (I don't own it yet...I'm thinking of buying it).
                      Thanks again and best regards,
                      Roy
                      That's better! Looks like a Deschler. Medal value around $350 - $425. Add about $100 for the box.

Comment

Roy,

Box and medal 100% and a minty example of the medal to boot. I would buy this one for sure. Boxed examples of the SS medals are so much easier to sell too, should you ever want to part with it in the future.

Comment

Both look great to me! All the details one should find are here, and the box is constructed correctly as well.
                          Erich
                          Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X