Old Guys In The Snow: 1941/42 East Medal Ribbon Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Guys In The Snow: 1941/42 East Medal Ribbon Bars

Last edited by Rick Research; 09-02-2004, 12:04 PM.

Rick; not directly related to your thread but something I have often thought about, how someone would get a ribbon bar made up on the “front”

Would ribbon bars only have been made up when solders were home on rest at uniform outfitters or did uniform outfitters/jewellers have field shops where solders could purchase items at the rear lines of the front? <O</O

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Research
      Well, except for the made-that-way Mutant Freak with the 30mm 41/42 in the middle of the 15mm sizes. It is a commercially made bar... wish I had a PHOTO of this Fashion Criminal preening in his VERY, ummm, "unique" bar!
      Guess he was very proud that he had been there...

Comment

Last edited by Rick Research; 09-02-2004, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Another random thought...

There may have been some soldiers that weren't formally employed as regimental tailors that made extra money on the side by putting together ribbon bars and the like.

What brought it to mind... My grandfather (WWII, 8th Air Force) had some training as a draftsman, and make extra money by purchasing leather butcher's aprons, cutting them up, and then making squadron patches for the aircrews.

--Chris

Comment

here is my oldes guy in the snow,
            Colonel Hensel served as commander of a POW camp in Russia.
            Pre-WW1 loooong service in Southwestafrica, stayed there also for the whole war and retired as LtCol. He was obviously called back end of the 30ies.

Best regards

Daniel
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X